• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Great Forum on the Academies/ROTC

robav8r

None
Contributor
Ah yes, out of the mouths of babes. And why the hell can't people fill out their damn profile ???

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
As an NROTC guy, that honestly doesn't offend me. If I had ever had dreams of going to the Academy, I'm sure my backup plan would have also included NROTC. Whatever floats your boat, NROTC isn't for everyone, though <--- this guy is glad he did it :)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As an NROTC guy, that honestly doesn't offend me. If I had ever had dreams of going to the Academy, I'm sure my backup plan would have also included NROTC. Whatever floats your boat, NROTC isn't for everyone, though <--- this guy is glad he did it :)
Add me to the list of non-offendees. If you want to coop yourself up on campus with 90 percent dudes for 4 years, have at it. :p ROTC was my "backup plan." I was an Annapolis reject who was deadset on reapplying after my freshman year . . . until my first PSU football game. Looking back, I'm glad I ended up where I did for a commissioning source.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Another non-offended ROTC guy. Not everyone who wants to go to the Academy gets in and not everyone who goes ROTC wants to go to the Academy. It all seems to workout for the people who want to be there in the end.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looking around that forum...holy hell, but there's a lot of parents on there asking questions their kids should be asking. Is it typical now that parents do all the college admissions admin for their kids?

MasterBates

Yes. My sister in law has been asking me how she can apply to GMI (where I went, and her sons grandfather, 4 great uncles and his great grandfather went)

I told her HE has to apply, or I'm not answering questions.

I was called an insensitive jerk who does not care about my nephews future.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
Burger King was actually my primary plan coming out of high school, until they got rid of the BK Tacos and ruined my dream of being both a chef of American and Mexican foods. NROTC was actually my third choice behind bullfighting in Spain.

CollegeHero

I did apply to USNA this year and did not get in. Fortunately I managed to get accepted into the Naval Academy Foundation's Preparatory School Program. I'll be at New Mexico Military Institute for the 2012-2013 school year and am hoping to be a part of the class of 2017.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I did apply to USNA this year and did not get in. Fortunately I managed to get accepted into the Naval Academy Foundation's Preparatory School Program. I'll be at New Mexico Military Institute for the 2012-2013 school year and am hoping to be a part of the class of 2017.

Congrats and good luck!

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor

That's interesting. I'm assuming this is different than the Naval Academy Preparatory School in Newport? I didn't know there were other 'preparatory' programs out there.