• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Graffiti at Waldron

thebluto

pilot
None
Anyone know why there is graffiti on the roofs of three sheds just to the right of the extended centerline for 13 at Waldron? They read "Thief", "Liar" and "Bad Instructor". Is there a story behind this? Someone recently attrited perhaps? Just curious.

Don't get in a mishap or blow a T&G trying to look at it.

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
Never noticed that, must be new. Either that or I wasn't paying attention in primary. :) Anyone know the story?

(God I love Wing duty....)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Is that the dude with the tennis courts at the 90? It's been a long time since I've bounced there, but I remember that guy hated the flying. He once put a huge balloon (like a wx balloon) on a 500' chain attached to his fence. The FAA made him take it down. I wasn't there for that one, but the story endured (true or not) through the years.

thebluto

pilot
None
It's not the tennis court guy. I actually think that house has changed owners.

The graffiti is fairly new. I've been instructing here for 6 and 1/2 years and it's the first time I've seen it. It's on the ranch that is just across Flour Bluff Drive from the approach end of 13.

I looked on Google Earth and local.live.com to see if it's visible. It's not. I'm thinking that since it's not in the aerial shots on local.live.com, it has to have been put there within the last year.

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=nm6ckm6wpy35&style=o&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=3297460&encType=1

thebluto

pilot
None
Found out - The guy who owns the land doesn't play well with others. He is the guy that HarrierDude speaks of with the balloon (but that's not where the tennis courts are). I guess the sheriff came out when the balloon incident happened to tell him to deflate or go to jail.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
That was a really long time ago. Is he just now getting around to act 2 of his jackassery?

Here's a tip: If you don't like airplane noise, DON'T BY PROPERTY NEXT TO A FUCKING AIRPORT!

Residents of Oceana, Miramar, and Emerald Isle take heed.

hscs

pilot
I actually can't wait to see what happens with the high end condos that are being built on Willoughby Spit -- they are just outside the downwind to the heliport and between two VFR reporting points. I am sure they are going to love the goggle flights going to the wee hours of the morning.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I actually can't wait to see what happens with the high end condos that are being built on Willoughby Spit -- they are just outside the downwind to the heliport and between two VFR reporting points. I am sure they are going to love the goggle flights going to the wee hours of the morning.

Oh yes, you mean these (includes live web cam) which do not mention being in the heliport traffic pattern. The tenants/owners are going to be very unhappy.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone know why there is graffiti on the roofs of three sheds just to the right of the extended centerline for 13 at Waldron? They read "Thief", "Liar" and "Bad Instructor". Is there a story behind this? Someone recently attrited perhaps? Just curious.

Don't get in a mishap or blow a T&G trying to look at it.

Bluto, your blood pressure better nowadays? ;)

thebluto

pilot
None
Now that I'm not in VQ-world, the BP isn't too bad (and you'll remember that was caused by a certain EWAC).

I assume you finally learned how to talk on the radios in the landing pattern.

Difference between VAQ and VQ:
In VAQ, I learned (according to a RAG Instructor ECMO): Don't let pilots talk on the radios unless they're saying "Two" or starting Tac-Turns. They will F it up.

In VQ (according to a VP RAG IP): Don't let NFOs talk on the radios (UHF or VHF unless you want to hear everyone's call sign twice followed by "this is..." and "over" at the end of the broadcast). They will F it up.