• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Graduate Student With Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodak

I am wondering about the options that I may have in the Navy OCS program. I will finish up my MBA here in April and graduate around a 3.8 - 3.85 GPA. I have letters of reference from the President of my university, along with a friend who is a Helo Lt. JG from The Academy. I want to enter as an oficer, but have been told that the SEAL billets are very hard to get. I have had no problem with meeting the physical standards, I played college football so I have always remained in great shape. I was wondering if you (the community) had any input about how I may enter into possibly supply or another billet then be able to become a SEAL candidate. I am quite fuzzy on the best means of achieving my goal.

Thank you for your help

WFU2USN

maritimeman,

Your MBA Background and GPA would be competitive. As far as Special Warfare, yes, it's very tough to get. But you should apply anyway and see how ti works out. Take a look at www.sealchallenge.navy.mil.

Good luck,

IS1(SCW)

stats

i recommend enlisting ASAP....you need to look at age requirements, i think they have clamped down on age reqs tremendously. since you have a grad degree, you are probably getting close. look at enlisting and pipelining straight to bud/s. don't listen to any BS about 'officer' stuff. if you get in the teams then you get in the teams. if a commission is more important than a trident, then you don't want to be in the teams. get in now and get to bud/s.

av8tor

Honestly, Stats is 100% correct. Your age is going to be a limiting factor for the Officer Programs if you walk off the streets wanting SEALs, unless of course your in your early twenties. Do not become a Supply or any other Officer with the intention of switching to Seals, this is highly unlikely. It would be possible to get an Officer billet with the SEALs from the enlisted Seal ranks even though you may be older than the average. Competative PRT standards for Seal Officer candidate walking off the streets are much higher than those on the website. run <9:00, Swim Low 8's , Pull up 25, situps 120, pushups 120.

Status
Not open for further replies.