• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Graduate School and the GRE

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmyson

OC Radioactive Man
Has anyone been to graduate school, or taken the GRE (Graduate Record Exam)?

The reason I ask this is because your GRE score expires after 5 years. I'm a NUPOC, graduating in May, and I plan on going to grad school some day (whether or not I stay in the Navy to do it). I would like to take the exams now so I don't have to go back and relearn everything (especially for the Chemistry subject exam).

While in the Navy, will I have the option to apply for/attend grad school within my first 5 years?

Should I take both the general and subject exams now, or should I just save my time and money?

If anyone has any GRE experience or ideas, I'd appreciate it.

That chemistry exam is going to be a pain in the
tapedshut_125.gif

jburnes

I took the GRE about a year ago...i was going to go to grad school, but got a job...bad move on my part...I would check to make sure that the schools you want to go to require the subject test. Some grad schools only require the general test.

cjp03

Have you checked out Old Dominion's Masters of Engineering Program. I'm a NUPOC also going to OCS 31JUL04 and I plan on getting my masters after NPS. This masters program is 30 hrs: 18 on CD, 12 credited to graduates of NPS. The GRE and letters of recommendation are waived for NPS graduates. The website is www.odu.edu/engr/enma/navy.htm

My recruter told me that if you are an officer in the Navy it's pretty much guarenteed that you can get into the Navy Postgraduate School if you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.