• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Grades in Primary

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
That E-6 is a beast of an airplane! Good Luck

"There were many airplanes, but it was the skinny bird that scared us the most."
- Iraqi POW on the AH-1W Cobra -

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Originally posted by JetJunkie
Originally posted by Dave ShutterI hear there's a big push for Marine jets (they're putting a Hornet SQDN on each carrier)

1) How many more Marine jet slots are expected to open up as a result of this?

2)When are the expecting to achieve this goal of having a VMFA on each CV/CVN by?

3) Is it true that the 2 seater F/A-18D's will start going to boat soon? (Up until now... all the Marine D-Model F/A-18 VMFA(AW) squadrons apparently were strictly land baed). When are the expected to do so?
and each of those Marine Hornet squadrons that are getting assigned to the "Boat" (which is now all of the Marine Corps single seat Hornets, with D Hornets maybe in the next couple years) are being replaced by a Navy Hornet squadron, i.e. one Marine Hornet squadron deploys with the Carrier, and one Navy Hornet squadron is assigned to the Marine Corps ... and the Marine Corps isn't "making" new Hornet squadrons to send to the Carrier, they are taking those single seat Hornets that in the past weren't "boat players" and now sending them ... also, with this new realignment, the Navy is cutting back the number of their Hornet squadrons (don't know the numbers) ... it all has something to do with the Navy's Hornets getting close to their Max trap limits that are placed on the Hornet's airframe (at least that's what i've been told)

this so-called "Jet draft" has been going on in the Marine Corps since i was at Whiting 3 years ago ...

semper fidelis

sna-vt3

Has anyone here selected out of VT-3 over the last month or two? What kind of raw score did you need for a particular NSS? I have noticed that whiting guys seem to get higher NSS with a lower raw score. Does this seem consist to anyone else? Also, why so much varience in scores just between now and May?

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
Wow, William, for some reason that just doesn't look right at all. I'm in 28 and 3 weeks ago I had a 1.183 and it came out to a 53.8 (adjusted). You guys supposedly get a much better curve than we do, so I would think that 1.15 would have gotten you a lot better than a 45.

wytee44

Just had to add to the whole NSS confusion. I'm in VT-6 with just 5 RI flights and 2 Night FAMS left, and the STUCON lady told me yesterday that I have an NSS in the high 60's with a 1.132 score so far. I've heard there's a big difference in the NSS-to-score ratio between Whiting and Corpus, but you know how gouge goes.

sna-vt3

wytee44-

I'm in VT-3, but not as far along as you. Through contacts and BIs (including PAs) I had a 1.169 and was told my NSS would be 53-55 by stucon. I cannot vouch for the accuracy, but there you go. And I have heard that Whiting and Corpus tend to be different.

sna-vt3

Just to add to the above, I forgot to mention that the guy in stucon that I asked is notorious for being 10-15 points off (usually on the low side). FYI

airwinger

pilot
I was in VT3 selected 4th of July weekend with a 1.156 which was a 51.9NSS, luckily that was enough to send me to T-2s in Meridian(can we say skin of my teeth) The lady in vt3 stucon(who's name we shan't say for privacy) is awesome, I would ask her even if she isn't the clerk for your flight. I'd always surprise my buds in other flights by how well my snivels went through and mygrade gouge etc it was all because of her.
semper fi,
airwinger.

wytee44

A good buddy of mine selected this week: had a 1.09 raw score, came up to be a 50.3 NSS and got T2's out of Meridian.

rutherfj

There appears to be some confusion here... I don't think that you can say that one squadron is easier per se than another, or that Corpus is easier than Whiting. What does happen however, is that some squadrons grade inflate to an extraordinary degree. Because of intra-squadron standardization, it doesn't make sense to compare raw scores from one squadron to the next. I was in 6 w/ a 1.156 and ended up with a 65 whereas trt23, while he had a significantly higher raw score - 1.204, was at 55. It all depends on what the squadron average above mif per stage is and how your grades as a member of that squadron compare. I know that this is probably pretty obvious to most here, but for the uninitiated hopefully this will help clarify.

JJR
T-45 TS
Kingsville

Fatboy

pilot
I suppose this is a dead horse but I will beat it because of what I learned today. The guy who gave this information is the one who actually enters information into the database. Most of what was said today I know he shouldn't of told us.

First of all API means nothing. I had heard this but this is a confirmation. Not 10%, not less than 2 flights, not one point for the number one guy. Nothing. I find this interesting becuause on several ocasions I asked and got the standard answer. Navigation and aero 2 wiegh the most on you NSS and blah blah blah....nuf said about API. NOTHING!

You do not compete with other training wings or squadrons for slots. The NSS is based off of the last 60 students or 120 days and compares your raw average to thiers. So, this means you can pass every event and still fail why, becuase the last 60 students had a higher average.

The number of slots for each airframe is divided out as evenly as possible. But, becuase there may not be the same amount of slots as squadrons one or two may get screwed out of an airframe. The number of slots for each aircraft is a power beyond on ours. The only people who may have some idea about how many slots are comming up are the civillians who calculate the scores. And they will only have rumors a week in advance.

Like I said I have no doubt that the source of this information knows what he's talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.