• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Grades hurting chances at NUPOC/OCS?

• Thread starter Deleted member 6665
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6665

I'm currently in my second year of college, Electrical Engineering major, Economics and Math minors. I have a 3.35 GPA overall, but I have two C's- one in Differential Equations, and one in Relativity & Quantum Mechanics. Will this significantly diminish my chances at a NUPOC (Sub) or OCS (Sub) slot? I'm on track to graduate a semester early, if that changes anything. Other than those C's, I'm think I'm good otherwise- I can do well on the PFT, no medical/legal problems, I go to a senior military academy (so I can probably hack OCS), and I am male.

Hokie-SWO

Redisgnated to Future Bubblehead
Maybe, maybe not. I got accepted as a Nuc with a 3.06 overall, 10 Cs on my transcripts, and I'd already graduated. I was a Physics major with Math and Astronomy minors.

My saving grace was my SAT scores - 1490 overall. They really do look at the 'whole person'.

~J.

---
*sigh* Now I need a new handle...

bedrock1981

fightinfalcon,

I was accepted with a 3.22 BS in Mechanical Engineering. I had one C on my transcript in Engineering Materials. I had a 27 on the math ACT and a 25 on the VERBAL which isn't anything to brag about.

I was just at the interviews last Friday and they are really hurting for SUB/Nuke's right now. They even tried to get some of the academy grads that were there with us NUPOC candidates to change from SWO(N) to Nuke/SUB at the last minute.

With your grades you shouldn't have any problems getting into NUPOC right now anyways. You never know, the needs of the Navy changes like the weather so act fast!

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.