• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GPA Question

aebchoi

So, I'm currently an enlisted E-4 and I've been working on my package since Febuary and I've been confused about the GPA requirement for SNFO for a while now. The Program Authorization sheet and the 1420.1B does not mention a GPA requirement, but after contacting some recruiters to get some information about the program, I am told that the minimum GPA requirement is 2.5. I currently have a GPA of 2.441.
I also contacted the OCS processors and they said there was no GPA minimum. However, they did mention ORs get different instructions that aren't online which state that the GPA minimum is 2.5.

So, does that mean that the GPA requirements are different for enlisted and civilian personnel? and does anyone know the aviation community manager's email? Thanks.

exNavyOffRec

So, I'm currently an enlisted E-4 and I've been working on my package since Febuary and I've been confused about the GPA requirement for SNFO for a while now. The Program Authorization sheet and the 1420.1B does not mention a GPA requirement, but after contacting some recruiters to get some information about the program, I am told that the minimum GPA requirement is 2.5. I currently have a GPA of 2.441.
I also contacted the OCS processors and they said there was no GPA minimum. However, they did mention ORs get different instructions that aren't online which state that the GPA minimum is 2.5.

So, does that mean that the GPA requirements are different for enlisted and civilian personnel? and does anyone know the aviation community manager's email? Thanks.

GPA requirements are the same for both, I am told due to an error they left out the GPA requirement on the new PA but it remains 2.5 should that be the case the program manager when he reviews the application will pro X it due to it not meeting minimum requirements (this is if the NRC processors let it go by them)

You also need to have your degree in hand to submit, so get those grades up

aebchoi

@NavyOffRec would it be possible to get a GPA waiver? I already have a BA from UCSD, so I don't think I can raise my GPA unless I pursue a another degree.

exNavyOffRec

https://www.airwarriors.com/communi...ow-gpa-high-astb-special-circumstances.43065/

Sounds like your best bet is to pursue a masters to get your GPA up. Unless you get the 1 in a million opportunity like this guy ^^

I am pretty confident his NRD screwed up his GPA calculation sheet, from what he said his NRD did they did it wrong, can't tell you how many times I have seen that done, OR's/Processors try to include all transcripts without first seeing if the graduating school included the grades from the previous school.

So he didn't get a one in a million opportunity, he just had a processor at NRC that took the time to do the calculation sheet right.