• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GPA question?? please take a lookt at it.

jpmatta16

So what GPA do the NAVY look at when you submit a package? I mean your current school? or is it your combined? what if transfer schools and the new school only transferred 17 credits? the reason they only transferred 17 was because the rest were all prep-classes... My recruiter doesnt really know, lease any advice.

Donnybrooker

pilot
I went to a community college for 2 years and then transferred to a 4 year college. I included transcripts from both, but on the application my recruiter told me to put my GPA from the 4 year college only (which was also the higher of the two GPAs).

torpedo0126

thats a good question. I imagine they would look at everything, especially if you showed progression at your new school. Did you change majors at all?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
You have to submit all the transcripts of every college you attended. It explicitly asks for all of them. Then you need to state each GPA for all the colleges you attended.

The last college you attended (or most recent) will show that you have transfer credits from another college (assuming you transferred your grades) so it makes sense to include all transcripts and GPA's.

Just follow the directions in the application exactly.

jpmatta16

TORP, I actually didnt even had a degree on my JUCO i was a non degree seeker... I just went there for my parents because I didnt really know what I wanted to do since I could not apply for any military pilot program since i was not a citizen, and i never thought i could be. So there I had like a 2.2 GPA and since last year when I found out I could become a citizen, I started my new school with a major in Aviation Professional Pilot since I hold up to my multi rating they give me credit for that, and my JUCO only transferred 17 credits. I been at this school for a year now and i have a 3.54 GPA so thats where my question comes from.

thats a good question. I imagine they would look at everything, especially if you showed progression at your new school. Did you change majors at all?

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Turtl3 said:
You are required to submit official transcripts from every college you have attended, no matter how many credits you earned or whether or not you obtained a degree. You are also required to report each GPA on your application. I'm not sure where your recruiter got that gouge. It state this very clearly.

+1

I did the same thing as you for my app: I went to a community college for 4 semesters and then transferred to the attached state college. I was required to list the schools and to submit transcripts from each.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Same. I attended two schools for undergrad, and even a third one to do post-bacch work to qualify for NUPOC. I had to submit all 3 transcripts. Hell, even my SATs were on there. Your entire college career is fair game.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I think Wink can attest to this being that he was/is in the recruiting business, but from what I recall, recruiters have a spreasheet that they use to figure out cumulative GPA between more than one college. It basically takes into account the credits you have at your old school (community college), with the credits you have at your current school, weights them properly, and spits out a cumulative GPA.

Also, I wouldn't worry about this too much (unless you have a lot of F bombs at your CC). The GPA in your major seems to matter more than anything else. I.E. If you are studying mathematics, and have all A's and B's in your math classes, but screwed away a history grade, pottery class grade, and an English grade, you'll probably experience some leniency....

Remember folks, if you have any hideous grades, your GPA isn't lost forever. Bad semesters/classes happen to everybody. Many schools have fairly lax 'retake' policies, that will flat out replace your crappy grade with the new one. I'm not saying to piss away your classes now because you can just retake them later, but i'm saying that if you get Satan himself for a tough class and you get a D or even fail it, god forbid, check into retaking it. Bringing an F to an A will work WONDERS for a GPA (not that i've ever failed a class, or even gotten a bad grade ;) ).

End of rant.