• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gov't Moving your POV

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Has anyone had their POV moved by the Gov? If so, did you have to pick up your car at some location far away from your actual destination? I'm having my car moved to Corpus but they will only move it as far as Dallas, which is actually a long damn ways from Corpus and horribly inconvenient to get to. I was wondering if I'd get paid to go pick it up or if i have to eat that cost. the folks at TMO are about as useless as can be on this one...

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
When I went overseas I had my car stored by the Gov and they paid me mileage to get it to the shipping point. They said they would have someone pick it up and deliver it but I chose to drive it from Whidbey to Tacoma where they put it on a boat to the storage warehouse in California somewhere. When I got back they paid me mileage from pick up point to next duty station. You should get paid regular mileage to get it from Dallas to Corpus. There are a lot of rules and allowances for shipping POV's, look up the federal travel regulations for most current info - www.gsa.gov/ftr.