• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gotta be as dangerous as a flight deck...

MSkinsATC

pilot
wow that is some percision, love how he has to ground himself before he can touch the helo.....looks pretty cool though

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
love how he has to ground himself before he can touch the helo.....

The whole point is that he is not grounded...if he were...he would be dead. What he is doing, is bringing himself to the same voltage as the wires...the touching the helicopter is to keep from drawing an arc from the suit to the helo and burning him. He isn't killed because there is no path for current flow through him...the path of least resistance is around him.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Those guys have to be paid an absolute ton. Sooooo many different ways to die in such a short period of time.

phrogpilot73

Faraday's cages....to me....PFM.
Exactly. The clip is from the IMAX Movie "Straight Up: Helicopters in Action", if you haven't seen it - it's phenomenal. Showcases some beautiful helicopters, beautiful flying, and beautiful cinematography. Unfortunately, the only movie theatre that is still showing it is in Bogota, Columbia... Luckily, I have it on DVD - although it's just not the same.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
"It's not a job for hot dogs." Unless someone accidentally grounds out, I guess.

Good God, and yikes.

KBayDog

I'd be interested to know some of their procedures - I'm sure they have "what if"ed every second of the evolution.

What amazes me (aside from the helicopter's proximity to the wires - that is just insane) is that it appears the lines, lineman, and helicopter are all connected for at least a short time.

Simply incredible.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
What amazes me (aside from the helicopter's proximity to the wires - that is just insane) is that it appears the lines, lineman, and helicopter are all connected for at least a short time.

Yup...and all at the same potential...wacky but true.

60B Rotorhead

pilot
I'm still of the mind that the only things that should hang outside a helicopter are cargo, ordnance, and sensors.....