• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Got My Orders!

Mr Mojo Risin'

Are you taking the 10 days TAD for house-hunting? My orders actually advised me to and I fully intend to soak up time off for all it's worth.

I don't think we get TAD for house hunting purposes. Plus, I don't want to eat up any leave for house hunting. That, and I don't think it will take long to find a place.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I think I'm headin' down for 1 September. I'm trying to swing IFS and OHARP in the Chicago area for the summer.

RiceOwl06

pennst8 said:
When was your surgery? I had mine last Dec and haven't had any major issues (besides one doc at willow grove screwing with me) getting a waiver.

Yeah, I had my surgery over 15 months ago, and I was within the 3 month limit. Unfortunately for me, I must have been one of the unlucky ones that NAMI has decided to make life a living hell for. For over the past year, I've had both my eye clinic with a retired AF Colonel and Naval Opthamology say that my eyes are perfectly fine. I've been down to Corpus 4 times, and every time this NAMI civilian dude says something was done wrong with the paperwork or procedure and that I have to do something else. I did get to see my Chief rip this guy a new one over the phone, which was quite entertaining but it didnt seem to help with getting my waiver approved. I just know that after having to get my eyes dilated and prodded a billion times in addition to spending numerous Fridays stuck in a hospital 4 hours away have made me quite bitter. However, all that aside, I am excited and looking forward to hopefully joining you all in P-cola at some point.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Rice Owl - good luck with the waiver getting approved...

Penn State and the rest of you with orders to P'Cola - congrats!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
jai5w4 said:
I don't think we get TAD for house hunting purposes. Plus, I don't want to eat up any leave for house hunting. That, and I don't think it will take long to find a place.

House hunting leave is actually a misnomer. You're not on "leave," per se, you're no cost TAD (hence the TAD house hunting name). You're command may not grant it to you (although I don't know why they wouldn't). All you do is get a set of orders that are No-Cost, so you're command doesn't lose any money and you pay for everything out of pocket.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
Congrats guys.

I reported down to P'cola last October. Some pointers: spend the time your in A-pool wisely (don't worry about studying much). The beach and booze is always good. (I'd recomend Irish Wakes at McGuire's)

Also, as for finding a place to live based on either getting Whitting or Corpus: When I got in there was a large influx of pilots/nfos and not enough slots, causing longer wait times to class up. An upshoot of this is that due to the large number of students waiting and fewer slots to fill, almost everyone got what they wanted as far as primary locations. Just in the past few weeks has that changed and they started "telling" people where they have to go. Now, like I said, that happened to me LAST year, I can't say it will be the same this year.

If your planning on putting Whiting as your first choice, park yourself somewhere between both, because, yeah it may suck to drive 30 minutes just for A-pool everyday for a few months, but it would suck more if you have to drive over an hour everyday for primary for 6 months.

USFpilot06

pilot
I heard you can't even get your pubs till like 2 week prior to API now, unless of course you know some one who can send em your way before hand. I think I'll toss those on my sh*tter to look at at every now and then till I class up. So you guys in NROTC who got your orders, did you guys request those dates or did you get assigned? We got to request a date ona spread sheet, then it was sent off to the detailer. I was down in my LT's office today trying to find out but still no word for us USF guys. Any light on the situation would be appreciated.

gatordev said:
House hunting leave is actually a misnomer. You're not on "leave," per se, you're no cost TAD (hence the TAD house hunting name). You're command may not grant it to you (although I don't know why they wouldn't). All you do is get a set of orders that are No-Cost, so you're command doesn't lose any money and you pay for everything out of pocket.

Roger All. I was just stating that since we don't get TAD here, I didn't want to take up an leave time by going down there on my own. I don't know what's up with us Middies not getting any no-cost TAD, it's just what we've all asked about and all been told, No. Go figure.

-Jai5w4

Av8or72Dan

USFpilot06 said:
I heard you can't even get your pubs till like 2 week prior to API now, unless of course you know some one who can send em your way before hand. I think I'll toss those on my sh*tter to look at at every now and then till I class up. So you guys in NROTC who got your orders, did you guys request those dates or did you get assigned? We got to request a date ona spread sheet, then it was sent off to the detailer. I was down in my LT's office today trying to find out but still no word for us USF guys. Any light on the situation would be appreciated.

I put my requested report date on an excel spreadsheet that was sent to the detailer (about 1 month ago). I just found out that my request had been granted.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
jai5w4 said:
Roger All. I was just stating that since we don't get TAD here, I didn't want to take up an leave time by going down there on my own. I don't know what's up with us Middies not getting any no-cost TAD, it's just what we've all asked about and all been told, No. Go figure.

-Jai5w4
FYI, that's pretty common in the TRACOMs, but not in the fleet.

Brett

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Thisguy said:
Either way, you'll all have plenty of time to perfect the "Pensacola Pullout"
Edit - on second thought I don't want an explanation.