• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Got latte ???

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
-1 for both of the above two posts ... you just can't reason w/ ideological drones. Try as you might, you just can't ...

The point is that it's attention whoreitis like, uh, this guy. Yea, ok, you can carry a rifle around, I get it....
No, dumb shit, you don't 'get it' ... and as your ignorant fucking comment (as most of yours usually are) is directed at ME in this case ... so here's what I said:

A4s said:
I do not promote 'OPEN CARRY' in urban areas, as there's just too many nervous, ignorant people (on both sides of the gun issues) who take a reasonable concept, fuck it up, and make it a less than sterling idea.

I wish you were workin' for me, so I could have the 'pleasure' of writing your FITREP ... just to bury you amongst your contemporaries. Try to get your shit straight -- or just get off the board.

Or at the very least, try to keep up ...

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Who said I was replying to you? Real professional to try to bully me off the board. Have fun with that.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
A4s, I actually sympathize with your argument and with your idea that hey, carrying weapons in an urban environment isn't smart. The issue that I'm raising is the people that use open carry as a political demonstration.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A4s, I actually sympathize with your argument and with your idea that hey, carrying weapons in an urban environment isn't smart. The issue that I'm raising is the people that use open carry as a political demonstration.

Sorry ... then I mis-read & fucked up ... I take it back (assuming you'll allow it) and I'll 'fix' the rep-stuff.

Again, sorry ...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Who said I was replying to you? Real professional to try to bully me off the board. Have fun with that.
Not trying to 'bully' you ... I'm just telling you how little regard I have for your opinions ...

By the way ... what HAVE you done, lately ??? Just for the FITREP, you unnerstan' ...

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
No, really, I get it. Or rather, I get that you think that signs are equivalent to deadly weapons.

Maybe it will come down to you and I agreeing to disagree, as I said before I am a bit more radical with view on gun ownership and the place of the gun in modern society....

I think though mmx1's picture assists in helping to communicate my view...

The picture shows someone who is calm and engaging in discussion with someone who disagrees with him... he is also heavily armed, yet no one is dead... this helps to illustrate, and in someways legitimize, the progun argument by refuting the claim that a gun's presence in and of itself destabilizes a situation or increases the likely hood that someone is going to die...

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it his words have the same force without the gun, correct? If the gun makes his words more powerful, it's not an argument between two equal parties, since one is unarmed. If the gun makes the argument less powerful, then not bringing it around would help more people be sympathetic to those ideas.

Either way - what does a weapon bring to a discussion of ideas?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Either way - what does a weapon bring to a discussion of ideas?

It shows that owning and carrying a gun doesn't make you a bad or dangerous person. It seems like most of the anti-gun sentiment is based on fear and misconceptions. This is a good example of people exercising their rights in a way that doesn't hurt anyone else except for those who choose to get offended.

statesman

pilot
It shows that owning and carrying a gun doesn't make you a bad or dangerous person. It seems like most of the anti-gun sentiment is based on fear and misconceptions. This is a good example of people exercising their rights in a way that doesn't hurt anyone else except for those who choose to get offended.

This.

It's one thing to be involved in a discussion with someone and to argue 'a gun isn't dangerous by itself' and a completely other thing to show that the former is true by having that gun on your hip and proving it... In the end what are the chances that Mr. Red Hat had his opinion changed that day? Probably very little... but when was the last time a cute bumper sticker or protest sign changed your mind?

I understand what you are saying though, the same words in the absence of the gun should ring true... the presence of the AR-15 (as I see it) helps to illustrate the words, and go the extra step in proving the truth of the words.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
but when was the last time a cute bumper sticker or protest sign changed your mind?

Never; they make me want to choke a baby seal and run that car off the road. I imagine open carry must make an anti-gunner feel some similar reaction?

Is the point of this to get the base out and moving, or to send a message to the legislature?

statesman

pilot
I would argue both... and neither...

I'll be the first to admit that demonstrations by themselves do little to actually change policy... they are only one tool in the 1st Amendment box o goodies...

Engaging in public debate (in media), lobbying, etc are all more effective ways to get the change moving...

Demonstrations are really more like a guy yelling really loud for attention... but once he has the spot light then we start talking about him, and the issue becomes a big issue...

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
I don't have a problem with the open carry laws, and I'm glad that those guys are out there protesting it. They are doing it for me. I've never felt serious enough about anything to actually go to a protest. Truth is, I want the freedom to open carry because I have no idea what is going to happen tomorrow where I might need to do so. Though, I'd have to buy a holster first.

The problem I have is with the people that do it in normal everyday life. There's just a certain douche factor with folks like that. I think I addressed that in my first post. Then, I made a quick comment about the NRA and everything went off the rails.

But, A4's called me an idiot. So, I think I am a member of the Cool Kids Club now? Hooray for me!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....But, A4's called me an idiot. So, I think I am a member of the Cool Kids Club now? Hooray for me!
No ... I'll take this re-e-e-a-a-a-l-l-l-l- sl-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-w for you, however. I didn't call you an idiot ... but as usual, the hissy-hysterical crowd exaggerates and misquotes when it suits their purpose(s) .... :) ... 'cause what I said was:

*edit* ... Oh, yeah -- a couple of guys herein have pontificated that 'OPEN CARRY' is 'why' they didn't join the NRA. If so -- that's maximum bullshit. The NRA, like any other fund raising group, has it's own set of problems and it's own cast of limp-dicks and weenies. BUT: they are the last, best friend of our gun rights on a mass scale, where it counts -- at the ballot box. To say 'that's why I didn't join' is a very shortsighted outlook when you consider who the 'enemy' is and what the potential downside is ... and it makes as much sense (think: NONE) as someone who says: " 'OPEN CARRY' ... fuckin' A ... now, THAT'S WHY I JOINED THE NRA"

I.e., both points of view are patently absurd ...

Reading comprehension is always a good thing. YOU called yourself the idiot. So ... since you're not an idiot (yet), you can't be a member of the C-K-C ... at least not just yet.

But hey!!! Not to worry!!! At least you're halfway there!!! You're a freakin' NFO!!! :)

Yes ... yes ... HOORAY for NFO's ...

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
A4sForever;628900[B said:
Reading comprehension is always a good thing. [/B]

Sorry ... then I mis-read & fucked up ... I take it back

Indeed. I meant it in a roundabout way, and was joking, but I suppose you are correct. Hypersensitive, perhaps. But, correct.

But hey!!! Not to worry!!! At least you're halfway there!!! You're a freakin' NFO!!! :)
[/B]

Classy. Any new material?