• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good Veterinarians near Milton

Random Task

pilot
Anyone have any good experiences with vets in the Milton area. We are PCS there with two dogs and wanted to see if anyone has had an good personal experiences with specific vets in the area. Thanks so much.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I can't remember if there's one there or not, but I've had great success with the Army Vet here at Cherry Point. Free microchipping, about half price for Heartguard/Frontline/Advantix, and very low cost vaccinations. It may be a function of the folks who work here, but my dogs seem to actually LIKE going to the vet. Well, until they get the thermometer in the ass and shots, that is.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I used the base vet, who drove over from mainside one day a month and worked out of the little building by the softball fields. Good prices, never any problem getting an appointment, no complaints.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Use the base vet for routine stuff, e.g. shots. You pay only a nominal fee, 2-3 dollars for the doctors visit, plus the cost of the meds. Also, heartworm prevention meds are less than 1/2 the price of a civilian vet's. They won't do any serious procedures, like spay/neuter or any surgery, though. Plus, it takes awhile to get an appointment.

I took my dog to the vet on Avalon Blvd a few times. They were pretty good.

Pilot123

pilot
Base vet is awesome. If their schedule isn't working out for you, or you want to be able to go in on Saturdays I suggest Safe Harbor on Creighton. They have three vets and all the staff are great. We had two cats stayed, neutered, declawed there, with extra pain meds, for less than $200. I think they charged something like $20 to neuter male cats and dogs. Also, they never charged an office visit fee for follow up appointments related to the same thing.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Milton Animal Hospital is good and they give Military Discounts. I have 2 cats and 2 dogs.

2Blades

"Chester" 4 blades transition
pilot
My wife and I used Ark Animal Hospital in Pace and had good service from them. Not long before I left they relocated in Pace in a brand new facility with kennel services.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
I recommend Milton animal hospital, on Avalon Blvd. My 6 yr old boxer was taken very good care of as he battled cancer. They even sent a sympathy card after he was put down. Great Vets and staff! Plus as earlier stated they offer a small military discount.

The base Vet at Whiting is open 1 or 2 times a month. However I never used it, but in past I always had good results with the military Vets.