• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good Stuff

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'm curious.. Is this guy flying for a major and just picking up charter stuff in company airplanes or is he just flying charters for some no-name charter company? Inquiring minds want to know...

We loved charters at two 'major' airlines that I flew with ... sports teams ... military (MAC) ... vacation charters. I flew several over the years and they were uniformly 'memorable'. :):):):)

As a charter crew ... you OWN the airplane and you OWN the game-plan when compared to 'normal' line flying. Charters are some of the best flyin' available for an airline-type.

And to do it w/ a 'major', instead of a 'no-name' : if you have the 'means', I highly recommend picking one up (a charter, that is ) ... :)

Gus Gorilla

IF[/U][/I] you keep your head on a swivel, eyes OPEN, ears OPEN, mouth semi-shut.

That's the main plan I'm going with.
I'm still fairly familiar with how family life works out from my enlisted time. I think every 1st Class PO and up in my chain of command had been divorced at least once.

MasterBates

This is why I don't think I'm going to the Airlnes..
Although I do already have the work related divorce to go with the airline/military pilot thing...

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can Charter Diesel-8 land on a wrong 3k runway at Marble Mountain?

yak52driver

Contributor
I bet the pilots were more than a little surprised when they realized they had just over 3K to get stopped in during the night landing! That would be an "Oh shit" moment.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Gotta love the OV-1 Mohawk in the foreground. One of the all time cool planes IMO