• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good Realtors in Virginia Beach?

SlapHappy

"Chick Beer" drinker
Anyone have a good Realtor in Virginia Beach? My husband just got his wings and we are headed to Oceana. VFA-106 is next for us. We want a military neighborhood that is good for kids if anyone has any suggestions. Virginia, here we come!

:jump2refe

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would love base housing if I could just keep the house when we move again.

Careful what you wish for...MB has one of those...it's called a PUMA. You might need something a bit larger with kids.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Congratulations!

If you are USAA members then have a look at their "Homebuyer's Advantage" program. It's a bit much to explain and their website does a better job anyway, but basically get a USAA recommended realtor. At the end of the process you have a customer feedback form (about the realtor) to USAA and a small cash-back (which is kinda nice...).

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
www.greatbridgehome.com is great. I was just up there last week looking for a house and they will match USAA's offer for the cash back. Kay Schucker used to be a hostage negotiator and drives a hard bargain.

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
If she's still working, Denise Evans at Chesapeake Bay Realty was awesome, we used her to buy and sell our house in VB. She's a prior Master Chief who deals with lots of military clients. She did a great job finding us a house in a good VB neighborhood during out brief househunting leave and sold our house after the downturn in half the time it was taking other folks to sell. After taking us around to a few houses she learned exactly what we were looking for.

cell: 651-5661
res: 421-2952

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Regardless of who you use be sure to ask if they will match USAA's mover advantage. It's free money.

PSU3333

None
Not sure if you have ever heard of it, but another option to try would be www.militarybyowner.com. You can search by military base and can choose to either rent or buy. All people are military and the listing will tell you if it is for sale using a real estate agent or strictly By Owner.