• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good place in Houston/College Station for PRK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
Does any one know a good place to get PRK in the Houston area or College Station? I live in Nacogdoches and go to SFA. None of the local opthomologists offer PRK, so I will have to travel a bit to have it done. Please tell me if you were confortable with them and roughly how much it costs. Cost is not a factor, I would just like to be prepared for the hit my bank account will take.

Thanks,

The Jolly Roger
pirate_125.gif

txpike

Dr. Jack T. Holladay in Houston, TX did mine. He is awesome and am seeing 20/10 now in both eyes. His website is www.docholladay.com and his cost is around 4000-6000 depending on how bad your eyes are. Good luck

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
Thanks, TxPike!!

If you don't mind me asking, what was your vision before? Right now, I can't read the big E on an eye chart and my eyes are -6.0 and -6.25

Thanks,

The Jolly Roger
pirate_125.gif

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
Wilsonator,

There is a good thread on this forum that adresses that. A member got in contact with the head of the PRK ascenstion program at NOMI. The doc said that the study would be full in the summer of this year, BUT they were debating on whether or not to stop granting waivers. So there is a good possibilty that they would KEEP granting waivers until they got negative results. He also said that the results of the study would be published in at most 2 yrs followed closely with a policy decsion. I will not be appling until sometime in 2005 so I have plenty of time.

Even if they stop granting waivers, I will have the surgery anyways. To me it makes good economic sense, I am tired of paying for contacts and glasses.

Best Regards,

The Jolly Roger
pirate_125.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.