• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good Candidate? Chances?

LastNLine

Hi all,

This is my first post, so please take it easy. I wanted to know my chances of being a good candidate for SWO or Supply. I am prior service with an honorable discharge. I am currently working on my second masters degree, but I only scored a 49 on the ASTB. I should retake that right? My recruiter says the board usually requires a 50; but, my package is pretty strong. Let me know what you all think.

Oh, and isn't it true that all college credits are calculated to get the cumulative GPA for the package? I recently heard they only count graduate work. My undergrad was barely 3.1, but my masters is a steady 3.9.

V/R
LastNLine

LastNLine

Hi all,

This is my first post, so please take it easy. I wanted to know my chances of being a good candidate for SWO or Supply. I am prior service with an honorable discharge. I am currently working on my second masters degree, but I only scored a 49 on the ASTB. I should retake that right? My recruiter says the board usually requires a 50; but, my package is pretty strong. Let me know what you all think.

Oh, and isn't it true that all college credits are calculated to get the cumulative GPA for the package? I recently heard they only count graduate work. My undergrad was barely 3.1, but my masters is a steady 3.9.

LastNLine

Ha! I was hoping no one caught that... meh. I am still learning to navigate this site, I was unaware that posts cannot be deleted. I apologize. Meanwhile, I am still awaiting the respective answers/responses I seek.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Another bit of advice, what are my chance posts don't go over well. Just take some time and read the forum and use the search function.

exNavyOffRec

Hi all,

1. ask the moderators to delete your duplicate post.

2. OAR gets you to the board (so to speak), it is your degree, GPA, etc.... that gets you selected, there is a GPA calculation sheet that essentially takes all your GPA points, credits then comes up with the average GPA.

3. post that start with what are my chances result in answers like 42% which really for what you are going for would be a bit high, Supply prefers people with business or tech degrees, SWO is essentially indifferent, Supply likes high GPA's, poke around the site.

4. make sure you meet age requirements.

LastNLine

Hello NavyOffRec and Alpha_Echo_606,

Over the past year, I've realized this forum is very broad and some of the post are updated and some are not; reading everything is somewhat overwhelming. I had just read a post with someone asking something similar, hence this post (and the two duplicates). It won't happen again, as I've realized the chances vary per person and per board. I will also read as much information as I can before posting.
I will ask the moderators to delete the posts, thanks so much for that info...I thought I had to wait until it faded until the forum's abyss. My degrees vary, so I hope to be selected as others intend. I am not too worried about my age, unless it takes 7+ years to be selected.

I appreciate your professionalism, even in the mist of my repetitive,and somewhat ignorant postings. Again, thank you.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Double posting in 2 threads gives him 2x odds. So it's now 84%....

Edit: Make that triple posting for 3x odds.....now 126%...a guaranteed acceptance!
With women making 79.3% on the dollar of their male counterparts, her chances are now a mere 100%...

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Threads merged, glad you were able to get your question answered. Best of luck.

John