• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

good Ball stories?

ElCidAv8tor05

Any of you boys seen a VORTAC around here?
pilot
I was wondering if anyone had any good stories from the many Navy Balls, Dining Ins, Prowler Ball, etc that they have been to? I'm stuck in A-pool and bored out of my mind and could use a little humor. Thanks in advance.

-"Easy"

P.S. I didn't mean for the title of this thread to sound semi-homoerotic, sorry!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Met my wife at a Navy Ball. Took my date home, dropped her off, and then met up later with with my wife (not then of course) at a party.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My Choker Whites are completely ruined from last night's Ball, that's for sure.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to stock a table full of JOs with wine .... well... it's not a good idea.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
We just had the ball last night for what seemed like all of Oklahoma. I got a call 5 hours before it started saying there were 40 free seats they needed filled. I saw free as a reasonable price and decided to go. During the event, the commodore noted how they had sold out the event 2 weeks ago. Me and the other 9 people at my table all looked at one another when she said that and burst out laughing as none of us had paid a dime to be there and none of us were going the day prior. Turns out Cox cable paid $1000 for the table and couldn't fill any of the seats. Sweet, $100 back from that blood sucking company that rips me off every single month!!! Good meal and time too boot.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
My Choker Whites are completely ruined from last night's Ball, that's for sure.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to stock a table full of JOs with wine .... well... it's not a good idea.
I always found that the chlorine in swimming pool water takes the wine stains right out......

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I always found that the chlorine in swimming pool water takes the wine stains right out......

Funny you say that... in the pool they had a John-Boat decorated as a CVN... pretty well too, it was cool. WE were all betting who would make the first "landing"

MrTorso

Keg Bowling

Not quite Naval Ball or even Navy at all. But funny stuff anyway. 200 or so 2nd Lt.s, end of TBS, 14 kegs stacked in a pyramid and the bright idea to play a game dubbed "keg Bowling". What did we use as the ball you might ask? Whichever 2LT wanted to run down the pipe. Waking up the next morning felt AWESOME (multiple bruises, bumps, a few sprained wrists, black eyes and a few headaches....booze or keg induced who knows). But it was damn fun.