• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gmaps Pedometer

irishmc

here's something I found interesting to log runs, distances, speeds etc.

www.nikeplus.com

If you already have an ipod the whole thing only costs around 30 bucks, not a bad deal.

yeah it does look neat, unfortunately you need an iPod nano specifically, and special Nike+ shoes that can hold the sensors that come with the sport kit, an extra $100+ dollars.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
yeah it does look neat, unfortunately you need an iPod nano specifically, and special Nike+ shoes that can hold the sensors that come with the sport kit, an extra $100+ dollars.

Lots of guys have reported success taping the sensor under their insole. Nike also makes a shoelace carrier for the sensor for non Nike+ shoes.

I'd be all over it if I didn't already have a polar kit that does the same thing. Now if it read my HRM....I might consider it.

snizo

Supply Officer
(bump)

^^^ Anyone use this Nike Plus stuff yet? They just ran through a pre-xmas commercial blitz. It looks kind of cool - too bad my MP3 player isn't an iPod and my shoes are Asics =)

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
Also helpful:
http://www.usatf.org/routes/search/
This one has a huge list of routes that people have already plugged into gmap-pedometer. You can search by location, distance, etc. It's helpful if you're traveling somewhere and want to figure where to run, or if you want to do a very long run on curvy routes without spending half an hour plugging in points.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
(bump)

^^^ Anyone use this Nike Plus stuff yet? They just ran through a pre-xmas commercial blitz. It looks kind of cool - too bad my MP3 player isn't an iPod and my shoes are Asics =)

I was waiting to reply until my new case came. The case, by Marware, comes with a neoprene sleeve for the sensor so that you can attach it to regular (non-Nike) shoes. I just tried it tonight on my New Balance shoes, without calibration it read barely off (one leg it showed at .502 miles, vs. .531 that GMAPS says it is (straight leg down the road so I imagine the GMAPS is more accurate). I will try to calibrate it tomorrow and see if its better, but so far I am impressed with it.