• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Global Warming Conspiracy...?

SkywardET

Contrarian
One interesting question is: will the evidence of crimes committed, such as intentionally making multiple transactions under $10,000 to avoid reporting them, be pursued by those with jurisdiction to enforce such laws? I guess, in spite of the illegal nature in which the information is acquired, its existence should now constitute probable cause for investigation.

I'm not to worried about Global Warming, Global Dimming seems to be working wonders. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sun/ Couldn't find the episode but the theory is that particulate pollution is having the same effect as clouds and reflecting a portion of the Sun's energy. As we increase pollution controls reducing the discharge of particulate matter into the atmosphere, more sunlight hits the earth increasing warming at a significant rate.

Doesn't really matter though, the Magnetic shielding of the Earth is estimated to dissappear in about 1500 years so game over anyway. Good thing I've only got about another 40 years or so anyway. Just do a youtube search for "Earth's invisible sheild" National Georaphic.
Technically, the geomagnetic shift is "overdue," and there is only theoretical speculation as to why it has not occurred yet, or why it occurs at all. The reversals are far from periodic events, although you can pretty much say with certainty that it will occur sometime in the future, and that it has been a relatively very long time since our last reversal.

However, it does not necessarily mean the end of life. The shift has occurred previously in Earth's past, and not all life went extinct then.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
One interesting question is: will the evidence of crimes committed, such as intentionally making multiple transactions under $10,000 to avoid reporting them, be pursued by those with jurisdiction to enforce such laws? I guess, in spite of the illegal nature in which the information is acquired, its existence should now constitute probable cause for investigation.

Huh? which email contained this?

The emails could be construed as academic misconduct, not an outright mustachioed paid conspiracy. This honestly isn't far out of the norm for academic competitiveness.

SkywardET

Contrarian
Huh? which email contained this?

The emails could be construed as academic misconduct, not an outright mustachioed paid conspiracy. This honestly isn't far out of the norm for academic competitiveness.
I'm not sure that the contents of hacked emails are something that the administrators would entertain on their board. Also, since the content of the 1000+ emails and 70+ documents are hard to come by, one can only go by what is posted elsewhere, in some manner of telephone-hearsay.

If you Google the following search term, you'll find all kinds of right-wing and other blogs talking about this specific issue:
Tatiana M. Dedkova important transfer advance money

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
For eight years Al Gore was Vice President of the US. This also made him the President of the Senate, the head of NASA and the National Science Foundation. It is pretty easy to have an influence on science matters when you are the one controlling the purse strings on most of the research grants. What these hacked or leaked e-mails show is these scientists altering data to achieve the results that they desire. It isn't coincidence that these results happen to be what the people who finance these studies want them to be. At the least these scientists may be guilty of fraud or theft by deception. Remember in Ghostbusters when Dan Akroyd's character says "You've never worked in the private sector. I have.....they expect results"?

My squadron had a pilot with a degree in Sociology. As a joke he sent in a grant request to the National Science Foundation requesting funding to study "The Mating Habits of the South Florida Beach Bunny". About four months later he gets a letter requesting information on where he wanted his $250,000 in funding to be deposited. I still say he screwed up when he sent a letter back cancelling his request. I say he should have taken the money and written the paper.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
And what you just said highlights the reason why independent peer-reviewed publications are important. Statistics can easily be skewed towards one outcome or the other to prove a specific argument.

I personally don't believe global warming is as bad as it's made out to be but I also find it hard to believe that there would be such a large amount of collusion between the different scientists.
^^ This.
Eh, when it started getting globally colder on average after around 2003 and they changed the term to "climate change" which doesn't really require a theory, because the climate has always changed, that is when I blew the whole thing off anyway.

Also, water vapor is like 95% of all the greenhouse gases in the air and humans only produce like 2-3% of the CO2 that is in the air anyway, so meh, who cares?
As far as I undersand it, the Earth getting cooler this past decade is a matter of how you turn data sets into global temperature (I know almost nothing about how this is done). Many argue it is still getting warmer.

As far as H2O vs. CO2, not all greenouse gases were created equal. Water budget of the Earth trends with temperature more so than it causes it. This is also the reason you can get carbon credits for burning methane instead of releasing it directly into the air from say a landfill.
What is the optimal temperature of the earth?
Who is to say that the temperature of the earth 1000 years ago was optimal?
Regardless of cause, if Earth gets warmer and sea-levels rise, we lose access to lots of fresh water. I'd say there is generally some interest in that problem.
Magnetic shielding of the Earth is estimated to dissappear in about 1500 years
Technically, the geomagnetic shift is "overdue," and there is only theoretical speculation as to why it has not occurred yet, or why it occurs at all.

However, it does not necessarily mean the end of life. The shift has occurred previously in Earth's past, and not all life went extinct then.
Overdue? 1500 years? Says who? It may be internal fluid dynamics of the core alone that causes the shift. What I'm more inclined to believe, is that large asteroid impacts or the actual slamming of subducted tectonic slabs into the core mantle boundary that causes flow reversal. Depending on who you ask these events are not exactly regular. What is fairly certain is that they will not kill everything on Earth.
My squadron had a pilot with a degree in Sociology. As a joke he sent in a grant request to the National Science Foundation requesting funding to study "The Mating Habits of the South Florida Beach Bunny". About four months later he gets a letter requesting information on where he wanted his $250,000 in funding to be deposited. I still say he screwed up when he sent a letter back cancelling his request. I say he should have taken the money and written the paper.
You aren't the first person, scientists included, who has scoffed at the retarded-ness of the NSF. A lot of what they do is legit. Some of it... well...

exhelodrvr

pilot
Is there warming or not?
If there is, how bad is it?
How much has man contributed to the issue, and how much effect could man have on reversing it (if, in fact, there is warming).
Would the price of reversing it be worth it?

None of these questions have been answered yet, and because of the political (and thus financial) implications, they are not being honestly discussed.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Final thought on subject: Someone needs to get to the airport at Copenhagen & take a photo of all the 747s, DC-10s, A340/330s etc. that will be parked there by heads of state attending the conference. That would graphically depict the hypocrisy of this whole BS process. If those assholes aren't willing to take public transportation to get to Copenhagen, they shouldn't be allowed to attend.

SkywardET

Contrarian
Final thought on subject: Someone needs to get to the airport at Copenhagen & take a photo of all the 747s, DC-10s, A340/330s etc. that will be parked there by heads of state attending the conference. That would graphically depict the hypocrisy of this whole BS process. If those assholes aren't willing to take public transportation to get to Copenhagen, they shouldn't be allowed to attend.
My personal standard is the gold standard of environmentalism himself: The Honorable Mr. Albert Gore. So long as I maintain a carbon footprint lower than that of Mr. Gore, I can consider myself to be doing my part to help the environment :D

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Doesn't really matter though, the Magnetic shielding of the Earth is estimated to dissappear in about 1500 years so game over anyway. Good thing I've only got about another 40 years or so anyway. Just do a youtube search for "Earth's invisible sheild" National Georaphic.
I remember seeing a thing where they measured sunlight after 9/11 and found that without planes the temperature and sun intensity increased significantly.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/transcripts/3310_sun.html
However, I'm not sure how rigorous any study of a period of a few days can really be.

Also, human beings have survived reversals of the magnetic field multiple times. I'm not too worried about it.