• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

tali264

hey everyone,
I'm new to the website and let me tell you, it's GREAT. So many of my questions have been answered. One more though. My vision isn't 20/20, so for OCS/primary I will have to wear glasses. Do they let you wear contacts? Do they let you wear your own glasses or do you get those attractive issued ones? Thanks

ProwlerPilot

pilot
I didn't go to OCS, so I don't know about that part, but up at primary (at least at Whiting) you had to wear your prescribed glasses in the plane. I had never worn glasses before (20.30 in the left eye) so I just used the ones they gave me. You can't see them under the helmet visor anyway. They did not, however, allow contacts during primary. When I got to Meridian for intermediate and advanced, you could get contacts if you wanted.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
For OCS I never wore glasses because I was told I would only need them for flight ops. Then when I got to primary i got contacts. I guess they must of change the rules on that one. I just wanted to ware contact because I don’t like the feeling of the glasses under my helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.