• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Give your opinion on officer program in cryptology

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeScholar

i agree Warlord... people are blowing the guy's comments way out of proportion. i think people join for many reasons. all the guy said was one of his main reasons was for clearance...

JLH

Twidget,
my "awsome" comment was about the thrashing that was going on up top. For your other questions:

I have done Cryptology for over 12 years, about 6 mos on the job as an officer (I was an enlisted Marine before getting a commission). From my OCS class, I was the only one (out of 7) with orders to DirSup. From my NCOBC class there were 4 of us (out of 14) with DirSup orders. As far as choices etc ... the detailer asked for a choice of what type of duty you wanted (shore, dirsup, etc), platform (Surf, SubSurf, or Air), if you wanted East Coast, West Coast, or overseas, and if you had prior Crypto experience he wanted some bio info. ... if you have any other questions I will check a bit more often.
twidget said:
Hey Martha, nice to see a bonafide Cryptology Officer on the board. There are four of us selected for cryptology in the 24 April class (2 CTs, 1 ET(me), and 1 civilian). Mind expanding on your answer a little? What makes it so awesome? How long have you been doing the job and what have you liked (and disliked) so far? I know the first duty station is generally dirsup with a year or so getting qualified, followed by 2 or more deployments to operational units to get your feet wet. If you have done this already, what did you think about your assignment?

Also, what was order selection like coming out of OCS? What were the choices, if you were given choices? Do you know anyone that went to Rota?

Sorry to bombard you, I'm just not familiar with the crypto world yet, and CT officers are hard to come by on an aviation forum. :icon_mi_1

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

(Whoops, just read your profile, so I know you went through last year)

twidget

Deskaholic
Thanks Martha, appreciate the response. I thought many of billets out of OCS were DIRSUP, so what do the majority of people do? Did most people get close to what they wanted as far as job and location? Anyone go overseas?

Thanks again!

Zarco

Hey, guys. This is not even related to the original post, but I was just wondering. I might not be able to make the cut for aviation, since there are no more waivers for age. I still intend to join as an officer. (I have prior service). Currently I am working with computers, and I will be getting my degree in computer science. What is it like to be a crypto officer?

Status
Not open for further replies.