• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GI BILL while in bdcp

Status
Not open for further replies.

navsup

BDCP Supply
Can you use the GIBILL while in bdcp? For example, paying in during your junior year and then receiving it during your senior year. Im a little confused on when I will be able to use it since I will have a bachelors degree and the navy will pay to get my masters.

jaerose

You have to have 2 years on active duty in order to use it. I used it while in BDCP for one year, but I think I slipped under the radar because I read that they weren't allowing it now.

JR

JayManC

the way the program works now, BDCP DEPPERS are not eligible for the GI bill, personally I would have liked to begin contributing during this last year but to no avail. However, upon arrival [at OCS] we will presented with an opportunity to enroll in it, but like jaerose said you dump in $1200 wait two years and then youre eligible to withdraw from it for upto 36mos. Of course the smart thing to do would be to use tuition assistance (provided you can take your courses and still have 12 mos before EAOS) theyll comp some outrageous % of the tuition; and then use the GI Bill if you get out youll have 10 years to use it.

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
Navy swimmer,
BDCP is the Baccalaureate Degree Completion Program. Selectees get paid as E3-E4 and get standard benefits to finish their bachelor's degree. They have to pay for school, but they get a guaranteed OCS shot at the end, assuming they meet all the normal physical req's, etc.

JayManC,
TA is 100%!! now, up to a max dollar amount per credit hour. It's high enough that it shouldn't be a problem at most schools. The down side is we're limited to 12 semester hours per year. For most active duty military, this is supposed to be enough.

LTJG G.

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
yeah penguin, my brother's trying to do that right now. he doesn't like how they don't pay like 15 credits, but ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.