• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GI BILL time limit if one rejoins military (Prior enlisted--> College--> Officer)

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
I'm prior enlisted, and I used my Post 9/11 GI BILL benefits to pay for my UCLA tuition for two years. I still have 1 year of benefits left, and I know that one has 15 years to use their benefits after they leave the military. My question is if that time limit is paused or reset if one rejoins the military?

sodajones

Combat Engineer
If you rejoin and serve on active duty for 90 days or more then your clock is reset. Call the VA at Muskogee to confirm this information. They have an automated system so instead of waiting on hold you can elect for them to call you back within a certain time window.

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
If you rejoin and serve on active duty for 90 days or more then your clock is reset. Call the VA at Muskogee to confirm this information. They have an automated system so instead of waiting on hold you can elect for them to call you back within a certain time window.

Thanks for the info!