• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GI Bill Eligibility

P3 F0

None
I'm not knowledgeable about the college program, did you pay for your tuition on your own dime? The way I read the reg, if you were USNA or ROTC and had tuition paid for, you don't qualify for the MGIB. At least, that was the reason I was given for not being able to take my benefits.
Tuition was entirely on my tab, which should make me eligible, but then I get lost with all the little details (buy-in, reserve time, new/old, getting the $1200 back (why are people getting that refunded?), etc). Even reading this thread, the old linked one, and the FAQ link, I'm still not clear. What a mess.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Question: do people who started paying into the old GI bill have to fill out paperwork to "switch" to the new one, or does that happen automatically?

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Here is a Power Point about the Post 9/11 GI Bill. It includes some real world scenarios, but the biggest help is the POC at the end. She explained my situation well, but I couldn't even begin to regurgitate what she said.

Attachments

• MCPON FLEET AND FORCE CONFERENCE.ppt
    553.5 KB · Views: 22