• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting your OCS date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahler

So I'm graduating in April and have been bugging my recruiter on when I might be sent down to P-town to start OCS. As usual, he is no help. So, how do you get an OCS date when you're getting close to graduation? Do you apply for one, or do they just choose one for you and let you know? Thanks for any help...

James

Dave Shutter

Mahler...

On the first page of the app' itself there is a box to indicate the date you can commence training, have you filled that out yet? You can set a date as far away from your acceptance date as six months or you can ask for an ASAP date and they'll do the best thye can. At this point you shouldn't have trouble getting a date close to your April '02 graduation (my guess) providing your app' goes through w/o any trouble. What are you applying for BTW?

If your at the stage where you taking physicals and the such then honestly your recruiter should have informed you about stuff like this. Start asking questions, lots, because he sounds like one of those guys who waits until your actually accepted before he "wastes" any more time talking to you.

Dave

Mahler

Well, I was accepted a year and a half ago. I've already taken all my physicals including my flight physical in P-cola. On my application I put Jan 02 as my OCS date, however, I won't be graduating now until April 02 (not my fault). I am actually on my 4th recruiter since I've been in the program. When ever I ask about an OCS date they tell me I'll apply for one later. The sad thing is that I'm kinda getting used to the run around with those guys. Thanks for your help

James

Marko

Mahler

I am in the same situation. I was selected for the 08 jun 02 class and had to change it because I wasn't going to graduate by them. I ask my recruiter last week if they had given me a new date yet? His reply was they will give me a new date when I get closer to graduating. I am a little uneasy about not getting assigned to an OCS class untill later. Let us know what happens to you and when and how you get your date.

pdt1702

I got my date of June 15, 2002 as soon as I found out I was accepted a couple months ago. The Navy sent a letter to my home congratulating me on getting accepted and telling me to get in shape for OCS. If you are graduating in April you should have an OCS date by now. When did you get accepted into the program? I got the letter about three weeks afterwards, but my recruiter knew right away what my OCS date was.

Mahler

I was sworn in on 28 April 2000 and have been collecting pay ever sense (pretty sweet deal). I'm not sure when I'll be going to OCS, but one thing's for sure, if they sent me know I'd pretty much die after the first 2 mile run :) Anyway... I'm sure they'll send me ASAP after I graduate. By then they'll have given me about $50,000 to basically do nothing (supposed to be studying) and they'll want something for it. I'll probably be sent in a mid may or beginning june class. Maybe I'll see you there.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.