• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting your NMCI account

Lyse01

If you already have an account for whatever reason, MAKE SURE YOU TELL THEM!!!! Getting a second account is a show stopper.

I had an NMCI account when I arrived in P'cola, courtesy of my summer stash job at Navy Region Northeast. I told them about it. They ignored that fact, or, more likely, had some random ensign who didn't know what to do with that information dealing with the list, and gave me a new account. Once I figured out that I was no longer first.last and now first.m.last (they never bothered to tell me), I had to get my CAC card changed. Then changed again because PSD messed it up the first time. Then I had to call NMCI. In my experience, no phone call to NMCI lasts less than 45 minutes. I thought it was all sorted out forever...until I got to my new command.

There's still no first.last out there, so the RAG signed me up for all the email listserves with first.last, not first.m.last. It's taking me several months to get NMCI and the RAG's ITs to get the correct email address on the correct listserves. I don't see this issue disappearing, ever.

Moral of the story - don't just tell them you already have an account. Harass Flight Management about it until the LTs in charge AND the senior ensigns who've been working there for a year and a half AND the junior ensign who has been tasked with data entry for NMCI accounts ALL know your name and that you have an account, and that they shouldn't replace it. Then make sure your account doesn't fall dormant.

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
I didn't get my account at API and started the process while checking into Advanced at Whiting, basically every time I go in there to ask if it is done, I get told it will be tuesday or weds. of next week check back then, that was about a month ago...

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
Whats screwed up is we need a @navy.mil email address to start API, but it wont work on the computer I have at my desk here at MATSG-21. Marine Corps and Navy computers dont interface, go figure!!!!!

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
Whats screwed up is we need a @navy.mil email address to start API, but it wont work on the computer I have at my desk here at MATSG-21. Marine Corps and Navy computers dont interface, go figure!!!!!

Aren't you guys supposed to be the MC in NMCI???

AznDragonBoy

Yes, Its N-MC-I. But The N and MC part don't talk to each other. Same contractor, two seperate systems, yet we all work together. I think its annoying and stupid.

Nose

pilot
Had it in my USNR squadron starting about 2002. The long log ins suck, the crap on your desktop that you can't get rid of suck. The only good part is when you go on det, you can log in wherever you go.

After an air wing det in Fallon, we came home and I couldn't get anything to print. About 4 days later I get a call from a dude in Fallon asking me to stop printing my flight schedules out there!

NMCI=Non mission Capable Internet.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone else here have issues with NMCI recognizing you as ok to use the system. I'm in IFS and a couple weeks ago I turned in my requisite NKO GMT certificates and was told to come back in a couple weeks to get my login ID. The stash ensign in room 204 gives it to me and I go to PSD to get the certificates on my CAC, but when I come back to room 204 and call NMCI, they tell me I am not in the address register or something and therefore not authorized an activated account. The stash ensign was really confused too, so has anyone else experienced this? It's not time critical that I get this fixed, but I'd prefer to know where to go when I have the time to do so.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Which still won't be for a while. At API they were like you need NMCI when you get to primary. Which isan't true. Now I will not have used NMCI for so long that when I get to the fleet I'm gonna have to go through the whole process again, most likely.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Which still won't be for a while. At API they were like you need NMCI when you get to primary. Which isan't true. Now I will not have used NMCI for so long that when I get to the fleet I'm gonna have to go through the whole process again, most likely.

You have to do some "process" any time you switch commands. The difference now is that NMCI won't have to put you into the system. Someone will just verify you over the phone, and then transfer your account to your new command (15 minutes tops). Not like at NASC where it took two weeks. You can always hope we will have rid ourselves of the Non Mission Capable Internet by the the next time you PCS though.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Anyone else here have issues with NMCI recognizing you as ok to use the system. I'm in IFS and a couple weeks ago I turned in my requisite NKO GMT certificates and was told to come back in a couple weeks to get my login ID. The stash ensign in room 204 gives it to me and I go to PSD to get the certificates on my CAC, but when I come back to room 204 and call NMCI, they tell me I am not in the address register or something and therefore not authorized an activated account. The stash ensign was really confused too, so has anyone else experienced this? It's not time critical that I get this fixed, but I'd prefer to know where to go when I have the time to do so.

Make sure you're at a computer where you can log in with your CAC card and then call the NMCI help desk. They'll get the system set up to recognize your card.