• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting Re-measured

Enriquez_08

Does anyone know if a SNA is allowed to get re-measured for Height Standards (specifically sitting height) if he originally gets told he does not qualify for jets?

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Since you're still in Pensacola, it's worth a shot but it probably won't happen. I know guys were getting sent out of Primary (even in Corpus) to get remeasured but that stopped when I selected. It sucks, but you'll get over it, I did. My sitting height was too tall. Besides, come to the dark side. Come fly P-3s.

Ektar

Brewing Pilot
pilot
Enriquez,

I was in a similar situation as you. My sitting height was too tall for jets AND helos (so...yeah you aren't THAT tall...), so I know how you feel.

I'm going to break this down as simply as possible for you. You can try to get remeasured, but think about it very hard. I don't know how far out of the required range for sitting height you are, but there are no waivers for sitting height. It is a 'shall' as in you WILL be in that range, you'll learn the importance of shall later when it comes to NATOPS and the 3710. There is a very good reason behind the said shall as it was explained to me; basically, in the T-45 if you are too tall and you eject you will be killed because your head will go through the canopy before the canopy breakers.

So, think about that carefully, if the shit hits the fan and you have to punch out do you want to do it knowing you are going to kill yourself??? Now, let me add other food for thought that all of the other seasoned aviators on this board will back me up on, sometime during your flying career you WILL experience an emergency that won't be to fun (ie. serious). I've already had several minor ones flying around in the C-12 and I have my last flight before my winging today.

Anyway, don't want to sound like an ass, but this topic has been addressed before, and I want you to understand why those anthro limits exist. Also,you should respect those limits because like most rules and limits in aviation, they were probably written in blood.

torpedo0126

i was studying in the museum library last week and there was SNA there from Corpus who was studying with a friend. we started talking and I found out he was sent back here to get remeasured for jets.

Don't know his whole story, but it looks like it might be possible if you can talk to the right people.

gotta_fly

pilot
My primary class advisor offered to get anyone remeasured who was close, once we get closer to selection. When we were still in API the same individuals received a stern "NO" when they went and talked to the anthro people, so it may actually be easier to wait until primary, rather than do it in API.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I was stashed in the anthro office, and the LT that is in charge will give you a tongue lashing and then tell you NO. The official policy is no remeasuring. That being said, I have a friend who anthro'd out and asked about it on here. When he got to primary they told him not to worry about it. If he had the grades they would try to work around it. He's in Meridian now. He goes by slim or lurch on here if you want to PM him. Bottom line theres alot more important things to worry about at this point.

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
i was studying in the museum library last week and there was SNA there from Corpus who was studying with a friend. we started talking and I found out he was sent back here to get remeasured for jets.

Don't know his whole story, but it looks like it might be possible if you can talk to the right people.

Yeah, and he was subsequently screamed at by the female LCDR in charge of all that stuff. He got remeasured, still didn't pass, and he's in the process of getting over it. I understand how much it sucks for the one thing out of your control (height) to keep you from reaching your goals -- I'm at the other end of the height spectrum...

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
One friend essentially went behind the front offices back in primary and talked to the flight surgeons to get a remeasure...bad. Nugget81 on here was too tall, rocked primary and they sent him back to p'cola and is now in Kingsville. Sometimes they are big asses about it and other times they are very helpful.

Enriquez_08

Thanks for tips

Thanks yall for the info. P-3s kick ass anyway... I wouldn't mind getting stationed in Sicily.

Cheers

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Here is the source of this "bitchiness" from Nami measuring stick folks:

We had a stud in Meridian (T-45s) who didn't want to fly Prowlers (by his standard, prowlers and all who fly them are not quite as cool, talented or good looking as hornet fags), which has a sitting height restriction, so he went to Pcola on his own and was remeasured.

The results came back... half way through Advanced Strike Training, he was toooooo tall to fly in the EA-6B AAAAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDDDD T-45! I will never forget the ass chewing I delivered in the OPSO office.
He was sidelined, scoffed at and somehow got measured a third time to get back in the pipeline...

Punching throught the canopy with yer head slightly above the canopy cutters might kill you, but it will absolutelly create a big pain in your neck... F-14B dude went through a canopy, after RIO's GPS smacked rocket initiator on night trap, he did OK...

Bottom line, It is better to be a walking P-3 "wennie" than a paralyzed former T-45 ass clown. Even the C's are starting to age.

MasterBates

They basically all but refused to remeasure me as a WINGED guy who got NPQd.

They don't like the remeasure.

I don't like how they changed HOW they measure, but did not change the "Acceptable" measurements.

I think the old method is more realistic, but what do I know..

I have been out of anthros for as many aircraft than I have been in anthros for. And I was able to fly them all fine..

In: T-34, T-44, E-2C/C-2A
Out: TH-57, SH-60B, T-45A/C

I actually fit fine via "fit check" in the 45C but they use the same numerical anthros for both.

MasterBates

Short answer? The helo pipeline never seemed to give a flying fvck about anthros.. The 60B is the only fleet bird I am out of standards for (sitting height IIRC), that's where I went.

I flew the 57 as a SNA and was going back as an IP before I went E-2s.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
They basically all but refused to remeasure me as a WINGED guy who got NPQd.

They don't like the remeasure.

I don't like how they changed HOW they measure, but did not change the "Acceptable" measurements.

I think the old method is more realistic, but what do I know..

I have been out of anthros for as many aircraft than I have been in anthros for. And I was able to fly them all fine..

In: T-34, T-44, E-2C/C-2A
Out: TH-57, SH-60B, T-45A/C

I actually fit fine via "fit check" in the 45C but they use the same numerical anthros for both.

Do you fit in the T-6 Texan II??

MasterBates

Probably not.. I actually hit my head on shit in the E-2, but I do like the ability to put the seat far enough back that I don't feel hunched over the yoke.