• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting PPL

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
I would reccomend getting started on your instrument rating. Nothing in the PPL process that you didn't get in IFS will help you more than this.

I second that big time. If I was going to do anything over again, I would've gotten my private and instrument ratings and gotten as much simulated or actual instrument flight time as possible.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Thanks for eveyone's responses, and don't worry I plan to enjoy my time in A-pool. But I figured since I have the time and money to do it, why not.
1. I love to fly and don't want to have to wait another 4 months before I fly again.

Really, all that matters is "1." If it's something you want to do, then do it. Once you have your PPL, and if you're going to stay here for Whiting, then I'd get some gouge from your buds ahead of you and go fly around the working areas to get oriented. BUT... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, do it on a weekend!!!

The last thing we need is more planes in the area during the week.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Really, all that matters is "1." If it's something you want to do, then do it. Once you have your PPL, and if you're going to stay here for Whiting, then I'd get some gouge from your buds ahead of you and go fly around the working areas to get oriented. BUT... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, do it on a weekend!!!

The last thing we need is more planes in the area during the week.

:D

Spin

SNA in Meridian
If you can wait ... when you finish up advanced (doesn't matter what pipeline you get) all you have to do is take a written FAA equivelency exam and you instantly get your commerical and instrument rating. All of your military flight training takes the place of the flying portion of the FAA exam and the test itself is about $50.00. Just took it and it was pretty easy. I would wait and save your money.

Peace,

-Spin