• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting my PPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Well, today I took a 3 hour flying lesson, the first to work towards my PPL, and I have figured something out about myself. I love flying... plain and simple, it is great. I hate piloting. I thought that I was getting the short end of the stick being an NFO, but now I am actually thrilled about it.

Anyone else have the same feeling ever?

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
VetteMuscle427 said:
Well, today I took a 3 hour flying lesson, the first to work towards my PPL, and I have figured something out about myself. I love flying... plain and simple, it is great. I hate piloting. I thought that I was getting the short end of the stick being an NFO, but now I am actually thrilled about it.

Anyone else have the same feeling ever?

What do you not like about actually driving the plane? I'm curious to hear your side of the story. I'm glad that your revelation came through for you. Good luck.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
It was only my first lesson, but it went pretty bad. I couldn't hold a heading, couldn't do any of the manuevers right, couldn't hold altitude, and landing.... that felt more like a controlled crash. I just wasn't happy having the yoke.

R

RickyDT34

Sounds like my first flight. Luckily I got much better (as do most). I am now an expert spot lander and heading holder (thanks to instrument work and "foggles").

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:
It was only my first lesson, but it went pretty bad. I couldn't hold a heading, couldn't do any of the manuevers right, couldn't hold altitude, and landing.... that felt more like a controlled crash. I just wasn't happy having the yoke.

Let's see... yup... that's normal. Not many people have any degree of skill on their first lesson. Flying is a completely unnatural action that the human body was never intended to do. Stick with it, it gets better. There is a learning curve, like anything else.

R

RickyDT34

Hey Fly Navy, what happened to the Aqua Teen Hunger Force avatar?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
RickyDT34 said:
Hey Fly Navy, what happened to the Aqua Teen Hunger Force avatar?

It got switched to Kitty-Lime, then Oscar the Grouch, now this. :)

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Hey Vette, don't stop after only one lesson, it's going to take awhile before you feel confortable!!

rare21

pilot
Contributor
everyone is overwhelmed first off, when you get the hang of it you're gonna hate the backseat of a plane

Status
Not open for further replies.