• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting backseat flights while sitting in Advanced Pool

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
All,
Just wondering if anyone has any advice on scoring a flight while they were sitting around. I'm down here in CC waiting for advanced to start and was thinking about heading on over to HM-15 and pretty much begging to go for a ride in one of those biga$$ helo monsters they've got buzzing around. Any wisdom on this?

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
All,
Just wondering if anyone has any advice on scoring a flight while they were sitting around. I'm down here in CC waiting for advanced to start and was thinking about heading on over to HM-15 and pretty much begging to go for a ride in one of those biga$$ helo monsters they've got buzzing around. Any wisdom on this?

Easily done. Call up their duty office and ask about it. Likely you'll have to talk to the OPSO, but I expect he'll be cool with it. I hitched a ride after I was winged and prior to departing the pattern for VP-30. The ride was actually kinda dull, we just flew out and did some pattern work, a few precision approaches, and then RTB'd. Pretty neat aircraft though, and fun flying around with the back open.

Great group of guys there.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
All,

Powdered sugar, sir! It was delicious.