• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting a PHA done at a different site

snake020

Contributor
Anyone get a PHA done outside of their local NRC? My current one is resource constrained and claims they cannot give one during the PFA drill weekend. Wondering if I can get this done at an MTF while on AT or at another NRC if I'm in the area. This new NRC loves to immediately give admin-Us as soon as you bust a due date on GMT or PHA.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Can be any reserve activity but they need to know how to enter it into the reserve side. Best to contact the local NRC where you’re doing AT and see when their medical will be on site. I did mine in Whidbey. Regular MTFs won’t be super helpful.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
So they won’t give you a PHA on time, but they will give you a UA for not completing one?

Neat.

I’d try a NRC your AT location, or see if you can sweet talk your friendly neighborhood HM.

snake020

Contributor
Can be any reserve activity but they need to know how to enter it into the reserve side. Best to contact the local NRC where you’re doing AT and see when their medical will be on site. I did mine in Whidbey. Regular MTFs won’t be super helpful.

Did you need to bring in your medical records, or were they good to just use what you'd entered into your ePHA?

So they won’t give you a PHA on time, but they will give you a UA for not completing one?

Is this any surprise given the perrenially shit behavior that comes out of the FTS/TAR component?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Can you not get a PHA done with your civilian provider / PCM?

That’s what I’ve done the past few years, there’s a NAVMED form that your provider will fill and sign. No issues.

It’s my understanding the only medical readiness item that HAS to be done at the NRC or MTF is an HIV draw, required once every 2 years.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My NRC was the one place I *never* did my PHA. Any Navy MTF should be able to get it done for you; non-Navy MTFs have different rules about doing it and about doing it for Reservists vs AD. The records are all online.

Just don't tell them you're a Reservist. Doing a PHA counts as being 'on orders' for purposes of using an MTF but try explaining that to some 19-year-old HA manning the desk.

number9

Contributor
@snake020 Records are all online unless you need special flight/dive/jump shit. Just have your ePHA done ahead of time and reach out to the NRC at your AT location.
I've been in for more than a year and it still gives me an error when I try to view my EMR in BOL. Good times, good times..

snake020

Contributor
Resolution: I reached out to NRC San Diego medical asking if they could offer a courtesy PHA during my AT in SD and they accommodated. I left them positive feedback in ICE as thanks.

My home NRC still remains worthless.