• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

George H. W. Bush condition worsening

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
News reports this evening are saying that Bush 41 has a rising fever, an all-liquid diet and, of course, remains hospitalized in the Intensive Care Unit in Houston. These may be the final days (hope not) for one of the greatest Naval Aviators ever. He could have spent WWII at Yale, but after graduation from prep school enlisted in the Navy for pilot training and was the youngest winged NA when he finished pilot training. As an officer and American, he was a man that most of us can only hope to become.

jtmedli

pilot
Not to mention being show down in WW2 and rescued by a fricken submarine. Pretty BA story/history for the POTUS.

Hope we dont lose him.

GroundPounder

I went to his Presidential library a few years ago, I'd recommend a visit to anyone that has the opportunity. His future gravesite is located on the grounds, according to one of the curators President Bush and Barbra use the area to enjoy a pic-nic lunch when they visit.

President Bush ( 43 ) recently stood in for his father at an event here, and the consensus was that his father was beginning to decline in health. It's easy to overlook his age, he has been extraordianrly active for a man as old as he is.

Hopefully he can beat the odds and make a recovery.

Fog

None
Contributor
Not to mention being show down in WW2 and rescued by a fricken submarine. Pretty BA story/history for the POTUS.

Hope we dont lose him.

After reading American Flyboys , I have it on good authority that he deliberately puked on the Japanese Prime Minister. JK, this man was a true gentleman.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I had the fortune of seeing him speak while at USNA. He was one of the best speaches during my time there and it was great to hear about what he's accomplished and his stories. The one that sticks with me most was when a mid asked him what his favorite drink is and he replied that he remembers finishing a bottle of Wild Turkey with Senator Ted Kennedy. Even at 80 (at the time) he was still going strong.

Renegade One

None
Don't wish more of a man than he can give. He's done quite enough, in more ways than most of us will ever know. I'm not saying his time has come, but when it does, I hope only that it is peaceful and as full of dignity as his life.

He was my Commander-in-Chief at a critical time in history, and at a very important time in my life.

I'm happy that only the U. S. Navy seems to have the capability to have his name live on in a capital ship for the next 50 years.

sbeaTm08

Wake up, put a good dip in, crack a cold one
pilot
Got to shake this Great American's hand when I was 8 and watched him roll around on a Segway at one our football practices when I was 18.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
I met him in Mayport at the memorial service for the USS Stark. It was about 120 in that hanger, so when we finished, we all went into an air conditioned room to cool off. He made a point of coming around to talk with each one of us, officer and enlisted.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
A great American and an underappreciated president. We could use more like him. Best wishes.

Fog

None
Contributor
A great American and an underappreciated president. We could use more like him. Best wishes.

Another thing I greatly admire about Bush41 is that after WWII & graduating from Yale, he could easily have gone to Wall Street and lived the life of another "East Coast Elite Snob" like most did then. What did he actually do? He took his wife & young children and moved to Midland, Texas. Not to disparage Midland, but in 1950 it was probably considered the end of the Earth for most not born there. That he took the path "less travelled" has always impressed me greatly. Anyway, it now looks like he's gonna make it, singing w/ the nurses and all. Just sayin'.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Can't find a link to it but I heard today he released a statement telling everyone to "put the harps away" he's not going anywhere soon.

exNavyOffRec

I met him in Mayport at the memorial service for the USS Stark. It was about 120 in that hanger, so when we finished, we all went into an air conditioned room to cool off. He made a point of coming around to talk with each one of us, officer and enlisted.

Were you on the Stark? If so I will PM you an interesting bit of information and connection I have to one of the casualties.