• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

General Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixote

I've been looking into all the info there is out there on becoming a navy pilot, and was wondering if any of you could enlighten me on a couple things.

What really goes on with OCS? All the journals I've read seem to kind of breeze over it. Does anyone know of a web page with a personal account of it out there?

What are the height/weight requirements to become a pilot?

How well do you need to do on the various tests to be accepted into API?

What happens if you finish OCS, but either drop out or fail flight training?

thanks in advance for any info

SNA Russell

Quixote - I haven't been to OCS yet, but I've read a few journals myself. They're might be vague because the experience can't be put into words. Also, knowing what will happen to you at OCS before it happens would take the fun out of it. Regarding height and weight requirements, testing, etcetera, talk you your local Navy Officer Recruiter. He or she will be able to give you the CORRECT gouge.

Rory

Edited by - SNA Russell on 10/12/2001 04:02:33

Dave Shutter

SNARussel...I see you're an insomniac like me...

Quixote: OCS journals are vaque and breezy probable because there's no time to write down what's going on let alone put it up on the web. We had a 6 week blackout from Vicki where we didn't know wether or not she was alive or dead! What little time OC's get on a computer is probable spent writing home. I'm going to attempt to keep a notebook, mainly for myself and my son, of daily events and to maybe post later, wish me luck.

PS: Trust your rec' at your own risk

Dave

Ed Williams

OK, here goes my ocs speal. i just graduated last week, so everything is still fresh in my head. you will have little to no time to write to your family, much ales post here. i could tell you alot about ocs, but i won't. when i would write to people and ask questions, they would never write me back clear answers and i never knew why, until i experienced it myself. ocs is a place where you do things that make no sence until week 11, get little to no sleep, hate your class team before you have all the respect in the world for them, learn alot about yourself without even trying, and form really good friendships. here are my tips, pack no civilan clothes, show up in shorts and a t-shirt, show up around 10, no earlier on sunday, be in good to excellent shape, invest in a good iron, know your knowledge, have some calling cards, have lots of money, because you will be spending an onscene amount on strange things, and always, no matter what, lock your locker. trust me on thoes things. good luck to all.
ed

Quixote

Thanks for the replies guys - the mystery of it is kind of alluring anyway. I've just always liked to have a heads up on what to expect - I think Ed pretty much summed it up

good luck when you go Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.