• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

General Questions about MEPS

eahmed4

I know that they conduct a blood test, but I am a bit worried about my veins not showing. I have been staying hydrated but for some reason they are quite stubborn when it comes to being visible. If they cant find my veins, will they cancel the blood test?
Another thing is that I have quite sweaty palms. I am not sure whether this will be a problem or not but I will be doing my fingerprints at MEPS and I am not sure whether or not my sweaty hands will prevent me from getting that done. Will my sweaty condition cause problems?

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Duuuude, take a benadryl and chill. Deep breath. Hold it. Okay, release. Now imagine if all you did all day was poke needles into people's arms. Hundreds of times a day. You'd be pretty good at it, huh? Well, maybe you in particular wouldn't on account of those sweaty palms dropping needles all the time, but you know what I mean. It'll be fine, they do this all day, every day.

Now about the sweaty palms...are your knees weak, arms heavy, is there vomit on your sweater? Was it mom's spaghetti? Perfect. It's okay to be nervous, but on the surface be sure you look calm and ready.
If you guys don't get that reference, you old...

haka

None
Another thing is that I have quite sweaty palms. I am not sure whether this will be a problem or not but I will be doing my fingerprints at MEPS and I am not sure whether or not my sweaty hands will prevent me from getting that done. Will my sweaty condition cause problems?

It took me about an hour to get my fingerprints done because the pads of my fingers are trashed from rock climbing. The guys were super patient and took it as a challenge to get a good fingerprint out of me. You'll be fine man. This stuff isn't worth stressing over.

exNavyOffRec

It is MEPS, they will get what they want, whether it is fingerprints, blood or urine. It may take a little longer but they will get it all......... LOL

ahansen

Just throwing it out there for this thread's future viewers.
Ladies! If you're not sure what to expect at MEPS and would like some insight, PM me! Just went through it a few weeks ago and happy to share.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
One part most people fail is the duck walk. When they tell you to walk like a duck they also mean to quack like one. If you’re too quiet they’ll fail you.