• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gaza

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
In that it is going to lead to more strife on both sides, no, it's not leading anywhere good.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I do like how the media barely/doesn't report when Israel gets bombarded with rockets from their neighbors, yet a single "palestinian" (what does that even mean?) kid who is used as a human shield gets hit with a bullet that the Israelis begrudgingly shoot in response to an attack, and it's plastered all over the media that Israel shoots children. Yeah: Israel, the first world democracy surrounded by barbaric caliphate 3rd world terrorist nations, is in the wrong....

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I do like how the media barely/doesn't report when Israel gets bombarded with rockets from their neighbors, yet a single "palestinian" (what does that even mean?) kid who is used as a human shield gets hit with a bullet that the Israelis begrudgingly shoot in response to an attack, and it's plastered all over the media that Israel shoots children. Yeah: Israel, the first world democracy surrounded by barbaric caliphate 3rd world terrorist nations, is in the wrong....

What the hell does this have to do with the story I posted? It mentioned prominently the rocket attacks that have been launched from Gaza...

You gonna make it over there Otto? :D

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I can't quite quantify it right now, but this one seems different somehow. It seems it's going to be Isreal v. Somebody in an actual war sooner rather than later. The word Powderkeg is being tossed about more than usual lately which is a word that shouldn't be taken lightly.

jmcquate

Contributor
I can't quite quantify it right now, but this one seems different somehow. It seems it's going to be Isreal v. Somebody in an actual war sooner rather than later. The word Powderkeg is being tossed about more than usual lately which is a word that shouldn't be taken lightly.
Despite my earlier post, this one does feel different. The situation in Syria is the reason for me.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Despite my earlier post, this one does feel different. The situation in Syria is the reason for me.

Also the new regime in Egypt. Despite the Mubarack era outliving its usefulness to the Egyptian people, it was a known quantity that did have a diplomatic understanding with the Israelis. That's gone, so I think a lot of people are wondering what the Muslim Brotherhood is going to do to show it has regional influence and that it is a player.

That and Iran seems to be pissier than usual, but they're always pissy about Israel so who knows.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
UMM has it right. It's far more to do with Egypt than Syria, which is having enough problems keeping the population in check, never mind trying to mount some sort of campaign.

jmcquate

Contributor
The Egytian Military had it pretty good. Think crime family with US weapon systems. The last thing they want to do is go to war.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Although they export some fruits & interesting rugs, the Islamic world produces nothing but oil & death. In their tribal world, they enjoy killing each other and absolutely delight in killing westerners whenever possible. Theirs is an 8th century culture stuck in the 21st century. If we can become self-sufficient in oil, we could just allow them to kill each other to the last opposing tribesman. In the meantime, though, we need to stand with Israel against Hamas, et al. JMHO.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wonder what our Malaysian and Indonesian partners would think of your assessment of their culture and economy.