• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gauging my ASTB scores

eddieoctane

I took the ASTB last week and I'm trying to get a feel for how well I really did. I know this test isn't the end-all in determining flight school, but I'd still like to get a feel for how competitive my scores really are. I took the test at NRD Philadelphia, and both my recruiter and a few of the other guys there seemed rather impressed, but I know recruiters can sometimes feed you lines. However, through some research of my own, it seems like my scores are well above the 90th percentile.

So please, be honest. If the scores don't really measure up against what others have gotten before getting in to flight school, I'm fine with that. If I'm just at the competitive mark, I know I have something to shoot for.

OAR: 67
PFAR: 7
FOFAR: 7
AQR: 8

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
There is a bunch of OCS board threads here at will tell you what people got accepted/denied with. Off the cuff I'd say those are good. No one except a board will be able to tell you if they are good enough. I got picked up with 8/8/8/66.

Foxtrot20

I took the ASTB last week and I'm trying to get a feel for how well I really did. I know this test isn't the end-all in determining flight school, but I'd still like to get a feel for how competitive my scores really are. I took the test at NRD Philadelphia, and both my recruiter and a few of the other guys there seemed rather impressed, but I know recruiters can sometimes feed you lines. However, through some research of my own, it seems like my scores are well above the 90th percentile.

So please, be honest. If the scores don't really measure up against what others have gotten before getting in to flight school, I'm fine with that. If I'm just at the competitive mark, I know I have something to shoot for.

OAR: 67
PFAR: 7
FOFAR: 7
AQR: 8
Your scores are above the competitive mark. I saw guys on here get picked up with all 6's. Hell, your scores were better than mine and I was pro-rec'd. Just remember that the application is a whole-person concept, so be sure to be well-rounded.

cameron172

pilot
Just remember that the application is a whole-person concept, so be sure to be well-rounded.

I've seen guys with 7s and 8s get turned down because their gpa stunk or they were hermits and never did anything else. The ASTB was all they had going for them.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Your scores are above the competitive mark. I saw guys on here get picked up with all 6's. Hell, your scores were better than mine and I was pro-rec'd. Just remember that the application is a whole-person concept, so be sure to be well-rounded.

+1 to the whole person concept. I was not selected my first time at board with a 8/8/9 and OAR of 67. I improved my application with another LOR, some flying experience, lots of volunteering and leadership opportunities and got selected after my re-submission. High scores are a good boost for your application but are by no means the make or break of your package.

flynavy830

+1 to the whole person concept. I was not selected my first time at board with a 8/8/9 and OAR of 67. I improved my application with another LOR, some flying experience, lots of volunteering and leadership opportunities and got selected after my re-submission. High scores are a good boost for your application but are by no means the make or break of your package.

Just curious... what was your package like the first try? Degree and GPA?