• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gas to raise 25cents/gal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
snizo said:
doesn't that work for water too?

But it is easier to break the surly bonds of gasoline than water, i.e. burning it. Even, if we stopped using petroleum for energy, we would still use it for plastics, lubircants, etc, etc, and with the decline in overall petroleum production those said items would become ever more expensive.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Jolly Roger said:
Even further, if pure oxygen were burned with gasoline instead of regular air, then not only would the reaction be more efficient, but the the only by products would be carbon dioxide and water vapor instead of the hodgepodge of gases released now.

And your cylinders would melt to the block because of the extreme heat.

pittflyer

This is why I can't get into Grad School
pilot
All you crazy kids with your scientific mum-bo-jumbo. Back in the day we got degrees in History and Poli-Sci. We were dumb and liked it!

You need at least..."1.21 jiga-watts!"

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
pittflyer said:
All you crazy kids with your scientific mum-bo-jumbo. Back in the day we got degrees in History and Poli-Sci. We were dumb and liked it!

You need at least..."1.21 jiga-watts!"

But did you learn anything? My engineering degree has taught me a great deal about optimization. Doing the least amount of work for the passing grade.... yep... that is definatly my viewpoint right now.

zuggerat

In light of the recent rise in energy costs, as well as skyrocketing gasoline prices i wanted to make some changes to my lifestyle to make it a little more cost efficient. I ACTUALLY seeked the advice of a liberal professor who i thought could help me resolve these problems. He suggested buying an ultra-efficient, ultra-low emissions vehicle. So believe it or not i took his advice, and i couldn't have been happier. Im getting anywhere from 60 to 80 mpg! It truely is amazing, this thing has plenty of power and can even go off road! I'm taking it up to the adirondacks later this month to do some camping and hiking maybe, gimme a holla if anyone wants to come.

PS I've attached a pic if anyone would like to see this bad boy.

Attachments

• superbigfoot.gif
    superbigfoot.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 21

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
ChuckMK23 said:
Think about how bad the airlines have it! With oil north of $50/barrel things can't be good!
Death-Spiral.jpg
The airlines are dying with prices like these ... airline employees could work for --- $ ZERO --- and the airlines would still tank with oil @ these levels. Someone needs to do something ... other than sit and watch. Does ANYONE OUT THERE WANT TO HAVE A RETIREMENT?? OF ANY KIND ?? FROM ANY SOURCE ?? Good grief ....

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
VetteMuscle427 said:
And your cylinders would melt to the block because of the extreme heat.

It goes without saying that a new engine would have to be developed.

Looks like the Republicans are going to try push ANWR drilling through again.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
A4sForever said:
Death-Spiral.jpg
The airlines are dying with prices like these ... airline employees could work for --- $ ZERO --- and the airlines would still tank with oil @ these levels. Someone needs to do something ... other than sit and watch. Does ANYONE OUT THERE WANT TO HAVE A RETIREMENT?? OF ANY KIND ?? FROM ANY SOURCE ?? Good grief ....

A4s, haven't you realized that man's presence on this earth is a distructive force and should be done away with? Come on man we should we be walking everwhere we go, wearing sweaters to stay warm, and eating nuts, twigs, and berries. Welcome to a world where the minority nut cases rule.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Jolly Roger said:
....A4s, haven't you realized that man's presence on this earth is a distructive force and should be done away with? .....

While that view MAY be held in some circles, what would Heckel & Jeckel use for a lookout if I wasn't here ???? They'd really be hacked ....

Here is a pix of my two young gay eagles who frequently take advantage of the "perch" I have provided for them (in the guise of a house) --- all the while intruding into their space and enviromnent !!!
P.S. I was here first ... hope they don't build a nest or the bureaucrats will red tag my house. :eek:

Attachments

• DSC000021.JPG
    DSC000021.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 24

Taildragger

API-bound!
Yeah, Southwest actually went and bought their fuel for the next few years in advance when the price of oil was like $20 cheaper per barrel, and then soon after they bought their gas the oil prices skyrocketed. So they are sittin pretty large right now.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
What perfect timing! I just got my bike street legal again (A big shout out to ol' blue eyes...Sinatra for saying I can't race anymore) and none too soon. Gas price hikes are even hitting the NEX Citgo, and my truck getting 17 mpg isn't helping my wallet at all. Granted, my bike doesn't even hit the 40 mpg neighborhood, but it's sure better than 17.

p.s. Anyone want to buy a Graves upper-fairing stay for a 2004 Gixxer 6? That should get me a couple tanks of gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.