• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Garrison Cap Stowage Question...

Cleonard19

Contributor
So we're finally authorized the wear of the new black and tans here at NPS, and since we're a training command this'll be the first time we're authorized the garrison cap as well. I'd rather not screw it up on the first time wearing it, so could someone please explain proper stowage (either by regulation or tradition) of the garrison cap on the belt.

Its worn all different ways here, but by people that far outrank me, and i'd like to avoid any asschewing if i can...

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Worn on the wearers left side, with the top portion of the pisscutter folded into the central portion, tucked into belt with approx. 2" of cover above the belt. Rank insignia facing down, officers insignia facing outboard (I don't know about enlisted, but I'd put the crow out)...
I'll see if I can find a picture...

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
concur with pickle. fold it up so its as wide as it is to the first crease, tuck it under your belt on the left side with the rank device out.

if anyone gives you shit, then hopefully they'll follow up with the proper way to wear it.

OP is not talking about wearing the cover at the dip, as far as i can tell.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Worn on the wearers left side, with the top portion of the pisscutter folded into the central portion, tucked into belt with approx. 2" of cover above the belt. Rank insignia facing down, officers insignia facing outboard

That is basically "correct" ... and it's hung flat w/ the top to the left and the opening (where it goes on your head) to the right ... I don't know about 2" .. that's probably not necessary -- do whatsoever is necessary to secure it under your belt ...

This is "close" ... 'cept it's an Army-dork pseudo Airborne guy in WW2 and it's on the "wrong"-i.e., the "right" side ... but I think you get the picture. :D Your belt loops are spaced a little further apart on the left side (your left), and that's where it goes ...

SUGGESTION: do NOT "over-think" this thing ... please. :)

3.jpg
index.php

Now ... if you had your Aviation Greens on ... you could stick the garrison cap/piss cutter under the epaulet strap on your blouse and be done with it ...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Worn on the wearers left side, with the top portion of the pisscutter folded into the central portion, tucked into belt with approx. 2" of cover above the belt. Rank insignia facing down, officers insignia facing outboard (I don't know about enlisted, but I'd put the crow out)...
Left, right . . . meh. Concur w/ the rest. SOP for me is stow in flight suit pocket. :D

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Your belt loops are spaced a little farther apart on the left side (your left)
My khaki pants have equal spacing between belt loops on both sides (I measured - 5 1/8"). Of course, I have the fat-boy pants with the extra belt loop on the right side (I assume it's for gut support). It might be different for you fit guys with <36" waists.

I've always worn the g-cap on the right side; I'll have to mend my ways.