• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY23 INTEL OCS package

Millanmax

Hello all,

I've recently PCSd and have yet to track down our commands OCS coordinator (if they have one), and I have a couple of questions regarding my upcoming OCS submission. The biggest one right now includes waivers:

1) I need a time-in-service waiver, and PA 108A states:
"a. Application Contents: Letter with formal request from applicant on desired waiver(s).
b. Routing: Waiver requests routed from recruiter to Commander, Navy Recruiting Command (CNRC).
c. Approval Authority: CNRC.
d. Notifying the Applicant: CNRC will notify the applicant of waiver status."

Does anyone have an example of this? My last command said to route it to our CO but that didn't sound right according to the above wording.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello all,

I've recently PCSd and have yet to track down our commands OCS coordinator (if they have one), and I have a couple of questions regarding my upcoming OCS submission. The biggest one right now includes waivers:

1) I need a time-in-service waiver, and PA 108A states:
"a. Application Contents: Letter with formal request from applicant on desired waiver(s).
b. Routing: Waiver requests routed from recruiter to Commander, Navy Recruiting Command (CNRC).
c. Approval Authority: CNRC.
d. Notifying the Applicant: CNRC will notify the applicant of waiver status."

Does anyone have an example of this? My last command said to route it to our CO but that didn't sound right according to the above wording.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you asked your command admin? They may be able to provide ones for you.

Otherwise, just follow a regular request template which you can find in the correspondence manual. You already know the “who” in terms of who the waiver must be requested to.

Millanmax

Have you asked your command admin? They may be able to provide ones for you.

Otherwise, just follow a regular request template which you can find in the correspondence manual. You already know the “who” in terms of who the waiver must be requested to.
Thank you for the reply.
The request itself makes sense, but it's the sending it off part that I'm really confused about. Does it get routed to my CO and then to CNRC (my admin didn't know)?

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for the reply.
The request itself makes sense, but it's the sending it off part that I'm really confused about. Does it get routed to my CO and then to CNRC (my admin didn't know)?
I believe that is the correct thought, and you could always request guidance from the processor at NRC who works mainly with fleet applicants Paul Celestin

Prior to asking Paul I would review 108 sec 5.e. to verify you are inside the waiverable criteria, they also in sec 5.f. list the criteria that is outside the waiverable criteria.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Thank you for the reply.

You + CCC usually will complete the package + waiver and then forward everything to the CO for endowment/s (plural if a waiver is needed). The CO/command will then send the entire package + waiver request to CNRC.

Whiskeyrice

I had a TiS waiver I completed recently. There will be two parts to it. I have attached an example of both parts. The routing is you sign the first page, and then the CO will sign the FIRST ENDORSEMENT (so, second page). I recommend routing this with your package and tattoo waiver (if applicable) so that your CO can kill 3 birds with one route.

After this, it will be included into your package along with your application and other data and sent via encrypted email to Mr. Paul Celestin. It needs to be in AT LEAST two weeks prior to the package deadline for the board date you which to be considered for. After the medical portion is cleared, the waiver request(s) will be handled and you will receive a letter from Mr. Celestin indicating whether it has been approved or not.

Keep in mind, just because it was approved at that level doesn't mean the board will accept it inherently..

Attachments

• OCS Waiver Memo Template for Sailor and CO.docx
    15.8 KB · Views: 23

exNavyOffRec

I had a TiS waiver I completed recently. There will be two parts to it. I have attached an example of both parts. The routing is you sign the first page, and then the CO will sign the FIRST ENDORSEMENT (so, second page). I recommend routing this with your package and tattoo waiver (if applicable) so that your CO can kill 3 birds with one route.

After this, it will be included into your package along with your application and other data and sent via encrypted email to Mr. Paul Celestin. It needs to be in AT LEAST two weeks prior to the package deadline for the board date you which to be considered for. After the medical portion is cleared, the waiver request(s) will be handled and you will receive a letter from Mr. Celestin indicating whether it has been approved or not.

Keep in mind, just because it was approved at that level doesn't mean the board will accept it inherently..
Very helpful of you to post the template for the person requesting.

One thing that often is missed is that they only will select those with waivers in "limited numbers".

Whiskeyrice

Very helpful of you to post the template for the person requesting.

One thing that often is missed is that they only will select those with waivers in "limited numbers".
Right, I remember you saying that before. Do you know if there is a running percentage or number they go with for the limited numbers?

Millanmax

Thank you so much! Extremely helpful.