• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY19 STA-21

abigail vytlas

OCS SNFO/AMDO
This is my first time submitting a STA-21 package. I applied for CEC only. Anyways, I was wondering about the LORs. Lets say I don't get selected, which is very likely. On next year's application, is it okay to resubmit LORs from previous cycles? Or do they need to re-write them with updated dates? It may sound silly, but I have been wondering that. Thanks in advance for any help.
I would email the STA-21 office about that, personally I have always gotten mine updated. I don't think it would look the best with it being addressed to last years board.

DLWN64

FY17 OCEANO, FY18/FY19/FY20 IP Applicant
I contacted the office awhile back about it (last year I believe) and they didn't seem to have an issue with it. It's difficult to track someone down and have them re-sign their personal recommendation just to add a FY 19 on the top. This is my third time applying and I have two FY 17 and one FY19 recommendation in my package. I don't like the fact it's technically addressing last year's board but I think they get the idea.

Airbro

Selected as an alternate for CORE. This was my first time applying, I really was not expecting to see my name up there at all. Thanks Airwarriors, the gouges and previous year threads helped a lot. Any selectees here?

Avogadros Number

Congratulations to all of the selectees and alternates. (See NAVADMIN 247/18)
I was selected as an alternate for the core option. This was my first year applying and I am already building next years package. I've been accepted and enrolled at my university since June, so once I get the medical screening sent off the conditional stuff is done for the year. Thanks for the advice and guidance folks. If anyone has any questions about the process let me know. Hopefully we have a few selectees on here to spread some good word also. Take care!

DLWN64

Is the primary for alternate for IP on this forum? I would really like to talk to either one of them or both. I had a very strong package this year and it was my 3rd time applying. Just trying to see what I'm missing. Already working on getting my Excellent PRT to an Outstanding and increasing my SAT score. Other then that, I'm nearly maxed out on everything if you go by the score sheet that's been floating around.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Is the primary for alternate for IP on this forum? I would really like to talk to either one of them or both. I had a very strong package this year and it was my 3rd time applying. Just trying to see what I'm missing. Already working on getting my Excellent PRT to an Outstanding and increasing my SAT score. Other then that, I'm nearly maxed out on everything if you go by the score sheet that's been floating around.

Why don't you apply for Nuke? That's what's going to give you the best shot and chance.

DLWN64

I'm not giving up, I'll apply for a 4th time next year but I also want to go for LDO this time as well.

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired

Well you had a strong package doesn’t matter when you have admin errors, your stuff needs to be correct when sent in.

Little senerio for you. One quota left to select you and another person are the only ones left for it, his package is correct yours isn’t, he’ll get selected every time.

If can’t take the time to do it right but the instructions, why would anyone want to select you for higher positions.?

Last edited: