• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY18 STA-21 Applicants

Antman411

OCS Applicant
That is a really shitty situation. BUT don't give up just yet. Get on the phone(might be better if it's your divo or something) ASAP with Mr. Hodge in Pensacola(one of the STA-21 people). Have them explain the situation and see if there is a way to submit your package later. The website talks about late packages being accepted if given a compelling reason by the CO.

Also, keep knocking out your college classes. If you really are at 112 credit hours you almost have your Bachelors degree! That close I believe you can even apply for OCS as you'd finish your degree before getting commissioned(but don't quote me).

Good Luck!
You are absolutely correct about applying for OCS that way I think the only stipulation is they want to see you will be complete by the time you'd be accepted. If this doesn't work out for you and you decide to go the OCS route let me know. I work with a lot of people that had success getting commissioned that way. I almost feel like it might be more beneficial to go that route since you are that close to your degree!

cbk412

you GPA is way low, I doubt you would be selected with a GPA that low, you should get your GPA up significantly before applying again, STA-21 is a highly competitive program.

your GPA is low enough that it is actually below the minimum GPA to stay in the program so why would they select a person who upon arrival wouldn't be above the minimum.

It's been 2.5 years since I have been in school. I was hoping my 99th-percentile SAT, 99th percentile ASVAB, and A's/B's in courses such as Cal I, II, III, Linear Algebra, Organic Chemistry I/II, et. al would show that I am academically capable. I would explain go into further detail of why I joined the Navy, and why my GPA became so low, but that is rather personal. Clearly my CO has seen my entire package and had no issues endorsing me.

Antman411

OCS Applicant
It's been 2.5 years since I have been in school. I was hoping my 99th-percentile SAT, 99th percentile ASVAB, and A's/B's in courses such as Cal I, II, III, Linear Algebra, Organic Chemistry I/II, et. al would show that I am academically capable. I would explain go into further detail of why I joined the Navy, and why my GPA became so low, but that is rather personal. Clearly my CO has seen my entire package and had no issues endorsing me.
I feel like if it didn't work out would be because you are so close to finishing your degree.

exNavyOffRec

I feel for you having issues that resulted in a low GPA, but the board has to select the people that have the best chance of completing their degree, of the 50 spots 35 usually go to nukes, that leaves 15 for all other designators, there are many that have applied with GPA much higher that were passed over.

To put it in perspective with your current GPA you would need to earn about 80 credits with all A's in order to get your GPA above a 2.5 (I was using semester hours for the calculations) that is a long time to be on academic probation (or whatever they call it now).

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
That is a really shitty situation. BUT don't give up just yet. Get on the phone(might be better if it's your divo or something) ASAP with Mr. Hodge in Pensacola(one of the STA-21 people). Have them explain the situation and see if there is a way to submit your package later. The website talks about late packages being accepted if given a compelling reason by the CO.

Also, keep knocking out your college classes. If you really are at 112 credit hours you almost have your Bachelors degree! That close I believe you can even apply for OCS as you'd finish your degree before getting commissioned(but don't quote me).

Good Luck!

His GPA is way too low. See @NavyOffRec 's post.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I feel for you having issues that resulted in a low GPA, but the board has to select the people that have the best chance of completing their degree, of the 50 spots 35 usually go to nukes, that leaves 15 for all other designators, there are many that have applied with GPA much higher that were passed over.

To put it in perspective with your current GPA you would need to earn about 80 credits with all A's in order to get your GPA above a 2.5 (I was using semester hours for the calculations) that is a long time to be on academic probation (or whatever they call it now).
When did they limit it to 50 spots?

MHasty

FY18 STA-21 CEC Applicant

Is that GPA going to hurt them for LDO or CWO boards down the road? What if they earn a degree from a school without transferring whatever transcript is pulling them down? Then that GPA wouldn't be reflected on the degree. Just trying to look for something to work towards in that scenario........

exNavyOffRec

Is that GPA going to hurt them for LDO or CWO boards down the road? What if they earn a degree from a school without transferring whatever transcript is pulling them down? Then that GPA wouldn't be reflected on the degree. Just trying to look for something to work towards in that scenario........

LDO/CWO don't require a degree.

The USN requires transcripts for all colleges attended.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
2012 must have been when they went to 50, it is cheaper for the USN and you have less drops, it seemed like there were many STA-21 drops that were from the fleet.
Drops from school? Wow, that's pretty ridiculous if that's the case. You have one job. . .