• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY17 STA-21 Applicants

HDND

Dare Mighty Things
So...what is everyone taking for classes this semester? Just trying to kill some time and get some conversation going while we wait on results.

I am currently in Energy Systems/Power Electronics and will be taking either Signals and Systems I or Circuits II in the second half of the fall. (ASU does 7 1/2 week online sessions)

Also, as a question for those who have previously been selected. Should I hold off on using TA for the second half of fall semester in case I get selected? I had heard that I would have to pay it back if picked up.
Taking Calc II here and in November I am taking linear algebra. Good luck everyone, hoping the quotas go up a bit for this program.

DANG3R M0US3

Taking Calc II here and in November I am taking linear algebra. Good luck everyone, hoping the quotas go up a bit for this program.

That would be amazing, however, I just don't believe the money is there for this program anymore. Only 50 selected for four years in a row, I see that trend continuing. If there is any good news that has come in recent years it is that the number of applicants has gone down from 710 applicants in 2011 to just over 420 the past two years, and out of those that applied only 3/4 are board eligible, so the odds are that 1 in 6 eligible applicants are selected (even though the majority are nukes). I wish they still released the selection data like they used to in previous years. It would be nice to see the breakdowns by how many apply for each option.

Zachary Wagoner

FY-17 Nuclear Selectee
Yeah this is the information from the FY17 STA-21 program announcement NAVADMIN.

a. Of the 423 applications received for FY-16, only 315 were board

eligible. A total of 50 were selected to participate in the FY-16 STA-21

Program.

I think I saw a break down a few months ago for FY16 when I was searching around for things. I'll try to find it again.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah this is the information from the FY17 STA-21 program announcement NAVADMIN.

Program.

I think I saw a break down a few months ago for FY16 when I was searching around for things. I'll try to find it again.

The breakdown has been the same for several years, of the 50 selected 35 were Nuke, the other 15 were a variety.

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate

Program.

The breakdown is easy. Take whatever communities are open and assign 1 quota. The rest are gonna be nukes.

DANG3R M0US3

The breakdown is easy. Take whatever communities are open and assign 1 quota. The rest are gonna be nukes.

Some have been fortunate to get two quotas, but it's always safe to assume there will be at least one if they are taking applications for it. I know SWO/ED had at least two quotas the last few times it was available in FY 12, 13, and 14.

Zachary Wagoner

FY-17 Nuclear Selectee
I just tried to check my package status again and still says closed. However my application last updated date changed from 20JUL to 07SEP. I hope this is an early indication like last year.

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
I just tried to check my package status again and still says closed. However my application last updated date changed from 20JUL to 07SEP. I hope this is an early indication like last year.
Keep watching that date. If it's a Friday that ends up being your last updated then it's a good thing.

DLWN64

FY17 OCEANO, FY18/FY19/FY20 IP Applicant
Still 25JUL for me.

Are you also getting "Package Status is closed for this cycle." Just came back from leave and checked it. As far as the application last changed date, I have 31Aug. I'm not sure what this means, now I'm getting nervous! Haha.

DANG3R M0US3

I am showing 22AUG as my last updated date. Hopefully this is not the early indication we are all hoping for. I am hoping to at least get selected as an alternate if not primary, and this is not helping me to feel any better about the results.

Zachary Wagoner

FY-17 Nuclear Selectee
Dlnw64 and dang3r mous3 have you sent in any additional documents or had to answer any questions for them? Seems weird you would have been edited in Aug. Did you have the same checklist as everyone before package status closed?