• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS FY17 Budget Proposal to Cut CVW-14

Treetop Flyer

pilot
OCS grads won't be affected. The training pipeline is long, and can be throttled to compensate for one squadron plus or minus.

That said, does anyone know of any occurrences of someone finishing the FRS and not having a spot available in the fleet? Seems unlikely, but somehow I'll bet it's happened.
It happened to a few Harrier guys about eight years ago. Super SERGRAD after the RAG. The Navy is too big to even feel one missing squadron as far as the pipeline goes. 2-3 extra FNG's one year?

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
It happened when Clinton took the White House.. Lots of guys went to be Fuels Officer of "pick up your ship"

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Well, considering those people are already getting burned, and PERS 43 doesn't think they have a problem...

jtmedli

pilot
Personally I would not fund MWR, there are several other more worthy organizations that could use the money like Tailhook's scholarship program, that goes to the dependents of Naval Aviators and Navy aviation personnel killed in the line of duty, as well as several other veteran charities. I had a few experiences with MWR that left a bad taste in my mouth.

MWR is like the mob. You pay your protection money or you get robbed....by them. Sadly MWR is about the last thing I'd give any money to these days.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
IMAG0560.jpg
I used to look through the PAO archive also. There were a lot of newspaper articles taped to paper that were from the Vietnam era. A lot of copies of photos from the McAir photo shoot when we first received Hornets. Is the big carnival looking lion still sitting in the ready room? I hope that all of that stuff isn't lost to the dumpster. Hell I'll take all of it and hold it until the "next" VFA-15 wants it. Too much history there to just let it go away.

I'll have to make sure to make it to the deactivation ceremony.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Awesome! Thanks for posting! I remember the debate that went on in the ready room if that should go to the boat with us. Gladly it stayed at Cecil.

I remember our new guy gag for a while was to tell the FNG they had to carry the lion onto the boat for TSTA/C2X/Cruise/insert boat set.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Could be worse. The helo squadron next door to mine at Mayport had a goddamned huge live python as their ready room mascot. I wondered if their New Guy had to take it along to dinings-out. And you thought 103 taking Jack Ernie everywhere freaked out the populace...

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Could be worse. The helo squadron next door to mine at Mayport had a goddamned huge live python as their ready room mascot. I wondered if their New Guy had to take it along to dinings-out. And you thought 103 taking Jack Ernie everywhere freaked out the populace...

"Skirt" the snake. That wasn't her original name; they changed it to that from something else when somebody figured out it was a girl snake and not a dude.

I don't think they brought her to dining outs but they usually made the FNG and mids feed her.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
I remember our new guy gag for a while was to tell the FNG they had to carry the lion onto the boat for TSTA/C2X/Cruise/insert boat set.

It was all well and good until the OPS YN (me) had to pack all that stuff. ;)