• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY16 DCO board Schedule?

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Citizen Sailor, Gentleman Farmer
FY16 is fast approaching and OR does not have the FY16 schedule yet. Anyone know what is up? Last year a simple google search would produce a schedule from NPC.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
IDC is one board only for 2016, held in mid January.
I just had my IW/IP/IO interviews on 26 JUL. The Commander who headed up the interview board confirmed that the next Selection Board is scheduled somewhere around 16-18 JUN 2016. The OIC also let me know that they are moving to a once yearly Selection Board until further notice.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I just had my IW/IP/IO interviews on 26 JUL. The Commander who headed up the interview board confirmed that the next Selection Board is scheduled somewhere around 16-18 JUN 2016. The OIC also let me know that they are moving to a once yearly Selection Board until further notice.
Are you sure on June? I am 95% sure the next IDC Board is January and they are moving to January recurring IDC Boards (one IDC board annually, held in January).

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
My bad.......Terrible typo.

Selection Board meets in JANUARY 2016.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Just wanted to make sure that this was visible in the FY16 thread...

This is the latest and greatest I have seen regarding the IDC DCO boards:

There will be a single DCO board per year starting with FY 16 DCO, to select all quotas for the FY. The first board of the new process will be held 18-21 Jan 2016. Recording week for that board will be 11-15 Jan 2016. The due date for kits is 18 Dec. All previous DCO application requirements remain unchanged with one addition: applicants must have at least one interview appraisal by an officer of their primary commissioning preference.

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Just wanted to make sure that this was visible in the FY16 thread...

I'm personally interested in the AMDO/AEDO program. I had a interview appraisal this week and its awkward when asked when the next board convenes and not knowing.

But oddly enough time seems to fly by more quickly when no target date is identified.

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

The .pdf you posted is pretty much the only info floating around for scheduling....
OR's get schedules and updates prior to anything posted on NRC website. The previous schedule on the NRC site was posted in FY14 and covered FY15, but many changes were made to the schedule that were never reflected in the document online. I found updated schedules in the past year by playing around with google, In some cases I informed my OR of changes before he knew. But in other cases he knew before I did.
My OR knew about the FY16 schedule a month prior to this being posted on NRC.

It can be frustrating...Makes grad school, community interviews, physical and SF86 feel like the easy part of the process! :D

Good luck gents