• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY15 IDC DCO Boards

I haven't posted here in a while, but I was planning on applying for the Sept board, but it looks like I'll have to wait until Jan.
My stats for anyone interested

Prior service Navy IT
BSIT Sec
MS IT/Cyber Sec
IT Certs: OSCP, CEH, Sec+, MCSE, MCITP, RHCSA, VCP5
20 years of experience in IT
Cleared and working as a federal contractor as a security engineer.

Hoping that I'll finally get selected at the next board.

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
Just heard back from my recruiter. He met with NRC before the holiday break and boards are sill going on as planned for September.
Is it possible that the January Board is for active Duty only?

unbroken

Naval officer
My OR just told me that the Sept board has been cancelled and that all reserve applicants are being rolled to January.

As a related question, however, any idea when exactly in January the board will be held?

ReserveOfficerRecruiter

pilot
Just heard back from my recruiter. He met with NRC before the holiday break and boards are sill going on as planned for September.
Is it possible that the January Board is for active Duty only?

The September Reserve IDC board is cancelled. It's posted on the official board schedule, which was just updated on June 1st.

My OR just told me that the Sept board has been cancelled and that all reserve applicants are being rolled to January.

As a related question, however, any idea when exactly in January the board will be held?

The board is taking place January 18th. Applications are due December 18th.

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
Apologies for not responding earlier. My recruiter did contact me after I informed him of what I was seeing here.
It seems that the information wasn't communicated down to the rest of the recruiting teams but nevertheless, my application is being pushed to the January board.
Good luck to everyone applying.

bnorman09

Those are some major changes...a year is a long time to wait in between each IDC board.

BTW, I commission as IW officer tomorrow
Congrats I just found out my clearance just went though on the 27 of march hopefully I will hear something soon.
I got selected for IW too. Maybe we will get the same OCS date.

Derek0812

Do you mean DCOIC? I was finally gained by my command this week and got my military CAC today.

I will start drilling next month. I'm trying to get into the September IWBC course...and will hit DCOIC next year.

Congrats I just found out my clearance just went though on the 27 of march hopefully I will hear something soon.
I got selected for IW too. Maybe we will get the same OCS date.

bnorman09

Do you mean DCOIC? I was finally gained by my command this week and got my military CAC today.

I will start drilling next month. I'm trying to get into the September IWBC course...and will hit DCOIC next year.
I thought I read in a post you got picked up from the March board when you where given someone some advice on how to enhance their packet. But direct commission even better. However I didn't get my clearance until May 27 typo. Just waiting on an OCS date. I was trying to see what days they where given IW's for OCS.

Northshore

Appears to be a bit of back and forth in regards to the board. Recent communication with my recruiter said the September board is now back on.

Able

I have a thorny question for the recruiters...

My stats are:
  • Prior service USN-R, 8yrs. Went out as an E-5 STG2.
  • 46yo
  • BS in Information Systems
  • Over 20 years in IT and R&D. Last job was a network and voice systems architect for HP networking
  • Currently a Graduate Student at University of Hawaii at Manoa in Computer Science doing a dissertation on cyber warfare
  • CISSP, CEH, Security+, Network+, Linux+
  • Non-Select for the March `14 and March `15 boards
I'm looking to enlist into the Navy Reserve as a CTN. This will allow me to affiliate with a unit, gain some experience and improve my DCO package. If I don't get picked up as an IW officer, at least I'm making a contribution.

However, the enlisted recruiter is... moving slowly. I was assigned a recruiter a few months ago. I've met with him, did the forms he needed, etc. As you can imagine, my package is nearly complete as I've done a lot of work on the officer side. This afternoon, I was told something to the effect that "We've met our quota for the month. We're only allowed to send up one package per month. You just need to keep waiting until its your turn."

I'd like to fact-check this with the forum. I know that CTN is a critical rate and every time I hear CYBERCOM in the news they are going on about how they need qualified people. I know that sometimes the Navy has a hard time dealing with the career paths for these highly specialized rates, but I can't figure out how to push this forward.

I'd appreciate any insight from the recruiters perspective.

exNavyOffRec

I have a thorny question for the recruiters...

My stats are:
  • Prior service USN-R, 8yrs. Went out as an E-5 STG2.
  • 46yo
  • BS in Information Systems
  • Over 20 years in IT and R&D. Last job was a network and voice systems architect for HP networking
  • Currently a Graduate Student at University of Hawaii at Manoa in Computer Science doing a dissertation on cyber warfare
  • CISSP, CEH, Security+, Network+, Linux+
  • Non-Select for the March `14 and March `15 boards
I'm looking to enlist into the Navy Reserve as a CTN. This will allow me to affiliate with a unit, gain some experience and improve my DCO package. If I don't get picked up as an IW officer, at least I'm making a contribution.

However, the enlisted recruiter is... moving slowly. I was assigned a recruiter a few months ago. I've met with him, did the forms he needed, etc. As you can imagine, my package is nearly complete as I've done a lot of work on the officer side. This afternoon, I was told something to the effect that "We've met our quota for the month. We're only allowed to send up one package per month. You just need to keep waiting until its your turn."

I'd like to fact-check this with the forum. I know that CTN is a critical rate and every time I hear CYBERCOM in the news they are going on about how they need qualified people. I know that sometimes the Navy has a hard time dealing with the career paths for these highly specialized rates, but I can't figure out how to push this forward.

I'd appreciate any insight from the recruiters perspective.

There was a time when there was a limit on how many could be submitted, maybe that time is back?

Did they tell you the max age for enlisting? how close are you to it.

Able

Thanks for the reply... With 8 good years, my max age is 48. I need to enlist in the next year.

If you are able to enlist as a CTN, youll have to go back to A school. I am considering re-enlisting as an IT (but no A school for me since I was an IT before).