• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 ACCP Bonus Message Released for Navy

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Are you the one that told me that? I've been comparing pay rates all day and remembered that as a ROT, but couldn't make the math work with min reserve.
If it helps, I'm comparing Atlas with United and FedEx.

Any gouge on Atlas would be appreciated.
When you do the multiplication math it never works; but the "rule of thumb" is the closest approximation. Also for what it is worth, I have found that every year the ROT is actually lower than actual. And then if you throw some drill pay on top; well, the cash is good. But what HAL said is spot on (as usual). Don't low ball the significance of QOL and work rules, etc. I'll try to find out about Atlas and PM what I discover. If it were me, I would probably go there as an intermin job but it sure beats the regionals! I may be bias but I would not want to work any other place. But I have been here 9 years and fly mostly day time and live in domicile so YMMV.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
No drill pay, but will have retirement pay. That'll take some of the sting out.

And you don't have to convince me what a great deal FedEx is. I've seen your house.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
No drill pay, but will have retirement pay. That'll take some of the sting out.

And you don't have to convince me what a great deal FedEx is. I've seen your house.
Oops. I forget who is who on here.. My bad, [Harrier Dude] (That is you, right?)

Now, if the USPS contract award would just be announced, maybe you and Postal could get a damn call!
Hiring is too slow and getting your name pulled looks like it takes an act of God. But I am optimistic!

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Renegade One... Well said, I like your style.
My thoughts:
What would/could tip it? Good contemplative question. To tip it in Uncle Sam's favor...Probably a combination of more "balls to the wall" across the board, less "Hold me by the hand Daddy". A little "O Clubs open EVERY weekday", add some "stiff cocktails", and of course "bring it as hot as you can" for the break without repercussions. That would tip it. :D

Yes........ Flew with 106 on Friday night, suggested we could "debrief" over a beer at the club at 7pm... nearly wept when the guy I flew with asked, and got a sub-conian negative reply to the question if the club was even open on FRIDAYS?

My Vietnam SWO father keeps asking me what I have done to his Navy. Sadly, I barely recognize it myself anymore. Changing this "professional" culture is impossible, time to go.... I'm afraid there may be no escape from it all though....

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Oops. I forget who is who on here.. My bad, [Harrier Dude] (That is you, right?)

Now, if the USPS contract award would just be announced, maybe you and Postal could get a damn call!
Hiring is too slow and getting your name pulled looks like it takes an act of God. But I am optimistic!

But of course!

I'm trying to be patient with FedEx, but patience is not one of my many virtues.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Like Frank said. Atlas interim but FedEx, UPS, Hawaiian, Delta, United, AA or SWA long term.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

No love for webmaster to get the call also?!!? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
No love for webmaster to get the call also?!!? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Still got my fingers crossed for you, John. But you have to find somebody here that you have flown with to sponsor you! It's the game and their rules.. Keep digging through that logbook and the seniority list!

Corsair2002

Sequestration Fodder
pilot
Yes........ Flew with 106 on Friday night, suggested we could "debrief" over a beer at the club at 7pm... nearly wept when the guy I flew with asked, and got a sub-conian negative reply to the question if the club was even open on FRIDAYS?

My Vietnam SWO father keeps asking me what I have done to his Navy. Sadly, I barely recognize it myself anymore. Changing this "professional" culture is impossible, time to go.... I'm afraid there may be no escape from it all though....

Wow....and I thought Lemoore's O'Club was lame... hope 106 at least has its own bar...

Renegade One

None
In all seriousness, no single thing, really an open discussion. Balance of family life, salary, camaraderie, and flying a jet off a carrier. I'm on the fence not because of money, just contemplating the two possible paths with sea time and how the family would cope with more.
Very fair response…thanks for the time it took to keystroke all of that.

Renegade One

None
Renegade One... Well said, I like your style.
My thoughts:
What would/could tip it? Good contemplative question. To tip it in Uncle Sam's favor...Probably a combination of more "balls to the wall" across the board, less "Hold me by the hand Daddy". A little "O Clubs open EVERY weekday", add some "stiff cocktails", and of course "bring it as hot as you can" for the break without repercussions. That would tip it. :D

In all seriousness, no single thing, really an open discussion. Balance of family life, salary, camaraderie, and flying a jet off a carrier. I'm on the fence not because of money, just contemplating the two possible paths with sea time and how the family would cope with more.
To be "Fair and balanced":

On the Navy's side: Camaraderie, flying a jet off a carrier, "a decent salary for a decent job". Frankly, unable to quantify the whole "family life" thing, although I know it's critical. I'm always tempted to throw in more…like serving your country, wearing the cloth of the nation, being a part of something so much bigger than yourself (or any company EVER will be)…but you've already checked that box and have made your own valuation assessment.

On the "other options side": "family life" [arguably better…after time...but it's a personal thing, and totally depends on the option being considered] , salary [invest in the future…both start slow…one probably trumps the other over time], "how the family would cope" (free tickets are nice…).

There may come a time when Uncle Sam can "tip it" in his favor: more balls to the wall, less hand-holding, more "free fire zone O'Club action", and "Roger, Ghost Rider, fly-by approved...". I just don't see that happening anytime soon…or ever again. There was a different time. Until it wasn't.