• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 ACCP Bonus Message Released for Navy

Corsair2002

Sequestration Fodder
pilot
This years ACCP message was released. Looks like VFA pilots are holding at the same level for the last 12 years of 25k/yr before taxes. Some buddies saw this year's check reduced I think due to a tax hike from 25% to 30% off the top. VFA WSOs saw a reduction in bonus to only 5k/yr. For those of you that have already dropped your letter and are pursuing commercial aviation, how has it worked out for you, and what are the pay scales for the first few years say in FEDEX for example?

~VFA pilot on the fence :confused:

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This years ACCP message was released. Looks like VFA pilots are holding at the same level for the last 12 years of 25k/yr before taxes. Some buddies saw this year's check reduced I think due to a tax hike from 25% to 30% off the top. VFA WSOs saw a reduction in bonus to only 5k/yr. For those of you that have already dropped your letter and are pursuing commercial aviation, how has it worked out for you, and what are the pay scales for the first few years say in FEDEX for example?

Duplicate thread...
BzB

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot

Go to airlinepilotcentral.com for pay rates; take the rate per hour and add 3 zeros to get annual estimate.

Corsair2002

Sequestration Fodder
pilot
Will do, thanks. There is a FY12 & FY13 ACCP thread, but that was all centered around last year's message, not sure why they labeled it FY13.

Renegade One

None
This years ACCP message was released….~VFA pilot on the fence :confused:
Just before history rolls over this, what would you think is a reasonable "going rate" for a "VFA Pilot On the Fence" that would tip the scales for you?

Assuming we can eliminate the "FML/My Leadership Sucks/I Hate This Place" comments, I think I'm aware of the basic math:

[NOTE: The whole "FML/My Leadership Sucks/I Hate This Place" is NOT insignificant. I just assume that no amount of ACCP would solve that….]. I get that.

1. Single guy: Base pay/flight pay/all BAS/BAH/VHA allowances and benefits/sea duty pay (when embarked)/special pays (when in the combat exclusion zone)/tax benefits (same as prior)…PLUS $25K a year…plus that whole thing about getting to fly VFA and have a brew or two with your stinky flight-suited buds at the end of the day… and maybe get in a few games of shirtless dog-tag volleyball?

2. Married guy: All of the above (plus more $$ just because we know it's harder...), but the obvious downsides, which can take many, MANY forms. Don't know how to articulate or quantify those.

Corsair2002

Sequestration Fodder
pilot
Renegade One... Well said, I like your style.
My thoughts:
What would/could tip it? Good contemplative question. To tip it in Uncle Sam's favor...Probably a combination of more "balls to the wall" across the board, less "Hold me by the hand Daddy". A little "O Clubs open EVERY weekday", add some "stiff cocktails", and of course "bring it as hot as you can" for the break without repercussions. That would tip it. :D

In all seriousness, no single thing, really an open discussion. Balance of family life, salary, camaraderie, and flying a jet off a carrier. I'm on the fence not because of money, just contemplating the two possible paths with sea time and how the family would cope with more.

Renegade One

None
Renegade One... Well said, I like your style.
My thoughts:
What would/could tip it? Good contemplative question. To tip it in Uncle Sam's favor...Probably a combination of more "balls to the wall" across the board, less "Hold me by the hand Daddy". A little "O Clubs open EVERY weekday", add some "stiff cocktails", and of course "bring it as hot as you can" for the break without repercussions. That would tip it. :D

In all seriousness, no single thing, really an open discussion. Balance of family life, salary, camaraderie, and flying a jet off a carrier. I'm on the fence not because of money, just contemplating the two possible paths with sea time and how the family would cope with more.
Very fair and well-articulated response. Sadly, I have no answers to any of that…

You are clearly in the "family category"…WHERE THE PRIZES CAN REALLY DOUBLE!!! One way or the other...;)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Go to airlinepilotcentral.com for pay rates; take the rate per hour and add 3 zeros to get annual estimate.

Are you the one that told me that? I've been comparing pay rates all day and remembered that as a ROT, but couldn't make the math work with min reserve.

If it helps, I'm comparing Atlas with United and FedEx.

Any gouge on Atlas would be appreciated.

nugget81

pilot
Since we were talking about money and its ability to motivate people, I thought this video applied. It seems some of the things you listed were job satisfaction related, which is where the real money is at...

That being said, throw more money my way and I'll think about overlooking some of the crap!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Even doing the math at 25k a year, which ain't happening for VP bubbas, after taxes it definitely isn't worth it.

Seeing the O-4s do the walking dead shuffle into work at 0-balls thirty and not leaving til o-dark thirty is motivation to find other gainful employment elsewhere. They don't get to have the JOPA bitch fest to vent, either...they have to own the shit sandwich that comes down from above, at least to those below them.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Even doing the math at 25k a year, which ain't happening for VP bubbas, after taxes it definitely isn't worth it.

Seeing the O-4s do the walking dead shuffle into work at 0-balls thirty and not leaving til o-dark thirty is motivation to find other gainful employment elsewhere. They don't get to have the JOPA bitch fest to vent, either...they have to own the shit sandwich that comes down from above, at least to those below them.
I don't know what is going in there in VP land, but I assure you it ain't that bad. Being a DH is only mildly more soul numbing than being a JO. The disassociated tour was, for me, where the money motivated me to push through.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Are you the one that told me that? I've been comparing pay rates all day and remembered that as a ROT, but couldn't make the math work with min reserve.

If it helps, I'm comparing Atlas with United and FedEx.

Any gouge on Atlas would be appreciated.
If you like to be gone 18 days in a row, maybe 36 if you're junior and get 18 the end of one monmth and 18 the beginning of another, than go to Atlas.

Atlas is good, not great. Cargo - FedEx & UPS way better, Atlas better than rest though. Pax: Hawaiian, SWA, United, Delta all better. I'm talking work rules, benefits, QOL, etc in addition to pay.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
On my agenda for today. Right now I'm cramming for the test. I was led to believe that they were only hiring guys with 767 PIC time, so I was kind of caught off guard.

Something about "living by the gouge" comes to mind at this point....