• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY12 STA-21 Applicants

A.war.IN.me

Space Geek x pi
Having more school is always better but it won't necessarily bar you from selection if you're just starting out. I do recommend CLEP and DSST. I did DSST at the Navy College Office.

Thanks I appreciate it. I'm pretty sure this will be a long but necessary and well worth journey. Looking forward to seeing you guys out in the fleet.

OC/EMC

The year I went to NSI, our orders had us report in the Sunday night before President's day as well. When we checked in, the QD watch told us our room number, where to get a used poopy suit for Tuesday morning, and told us to be back in our rooms by 2200 Monday night. I used the extra day to pick up a few last minute items at the NEX, drive around and get an idea of where everything was, then catch a movie in town. I would have rather checked in on Monday, but...oh-well.

johnnyfive

FY12 STA-21 Selectee (NFO), WINGED AVIATOR
Qualified, finally! I had to leave a message at NOMI and the guy picked up while I was leaving the message. Should have orders soon.

AZ2(AW) Recruiter

FY-13 Applicant
Hey all! I am applying for the first time in fy13 and was hoping to get some specific info. I am trying to gauge what my chances are for getting picked up. Please note that I am colorblind so I am limited in my options. Here are my stats:
Joined June 2007. Since then only 3 MP evals with the rest being EP.
AZ3 exam- 73 score made it first time on 25%. AZ2 exam- 77 score made it first time on 11%. Currently not eligible for 1st.
Currently 6 college credits and working on 12 now. GPA: 3.00
High school GPA: 2.85
Awarded 2 NAM's so far.
2nd tour recruiter so far successful.
I have 9 LOR's, 3 mcpo, 1 cdr, and 4 LCDR, and 1 cwo3.
Also my last three evals have specifically stated recommended for commissioning programs.
My declared major is computer science with network systems.
I haven't taken the ACT yet but if I do as well on it as I did in high school I am thinking a 25/26 score.
Also I don't know if it matters but I am already stationed where I want to go to college so no moving/ pcs really needed
I am applying for suppo, intel and iw. My first choice would be iw but with the numbers I saw on the navadmin I don't think I have too much of a shot at it. I am still putting my package together in preparation for the boards. Any info on chances with these stats and or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!