• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY12 and FY13 ACCP (Bonus) News

anymouse69

Just heard that the official NAVADMIN will come out next week regarding the bonus levels for Aviation Career Continuation Pay. Post here with questions and comments regarding this bonus.

Summary of possible Changes:

- The Command, At-Sea and Astronaut Bonuses will no longer be offered
- The DH Retention Bonus pay schedule returns to equal annual payments with no lump sum option

Fetus

None
All true, with different $ numbers for communities than last year.

CNAF pushed the $ amounts to front offices today, so talk to your CO/XO if you have specific questions about the bonus.

anymouse69

I think the most common question will be "if I took the bonus last year, can I get the higher amount now?"

And yes, most are in the "why bother" category. To which I'd say, grab it while it's still around, and be prepared to pay it back.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
"The loss of Command and At Sea bonuses is not taken lightly by the NAE leadership and will continue to be an important topic for retention of our best and brightest aviators. We must maintain our current levels of tactical excellence and superior leadership, and can only do so by retaining our most highly skilled and motivated warriors."

Sounds like an entitlement philosophy to me...

The NAE remains blah blah blah blah blah guuuuiiiieeeeeeaaaaackkkkhhhhh....

Skippers feel unappreciated??? The Navy knows its prospective skippers would gladly suck schlang for beer money...

IMO, the guys taking command would give a paycheck to do it, none of us are sticking around singularly for the bonus. The bonus has been pointless for a long time (when FEDEX/SWA closed the flood gates).

I didn't really deserve my bonus to stay in Meridian and continue to do what I was good at and loved! Flying C-9s around the world from Atlanta was really tough too....

Shit, I would give up my O-5/O-4 differential to go fly for 3 more years. It might provide hope of sanity in the out years.

Suck it Trabek!

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
I'll go out on a limb and say that our CO's weren't and aren't the zenith/oracles of TACTICAL EXCELLENCE and SUPERIOR leadership. Many, Many, Many GOOD guys get out, we are left with the Navy's version of the "best" of whats left...

Don't ever start believing the absolute BS you artistically compose in your FITREP folks.
Rant complete... Happy Friday.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It's interesting that the HSC bonus is so much more than HSL when it seems like the HSL/M community is the one growing while the HSC is mostly converting. Or are there that many more HSC squadrons coming online?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
You are a Coastie. Navy guys take pay cuts when they should be taking the bonus to come fly with you guys. What does that say?!

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
It's interesting that the HSC bonus is so much more than HSL when it seems like the HSL/M community is the one growing while the HSC is mostly converting. Or are there that many more HSC squadrons coming online?
I haven't seen this board's numbers, but I'm pretty sure HSL/M's numbers for availability to convert to FTS are higher than HSC for YG03 and 04. Those years are the years that are undermanned due to the API, VR, get-out-with-no-payback shenanigans that started during that time period. And with the way that the TRACOM bubbas have been shafted by PERS (e.g., no instructor pilot AQD? wtf is that?) a ton of people are looking to get out of the due course ASAP.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I haven't seen this board's numbers, but I'm pretty sure HSL/M's numbers for availability to convert to FTS are higher than HSC for YG03 and 04. Those years are the years that are undermanned due to the API, VR, get-out-with-no-payback shenanigans that started during that time period. And with the way that the TRACOM bubbas have been shafted by PERS (e.g., no instructor pilot AQD? wtf is that?) a ton of people are looking to get out of the due course ASAP.

I'm not sure what the augment guys have to do with HSC specifically, though. There were only a handful of guys that switched (only two that went HSL...they were both in my last squadron) and all those guys were FTS anyway, so it's not the same bonus pot of money. I get what you're saying about having fewer bodies available because they culled the herd in '04, but not sure why that would be HSC specific. Obviously, at the end of the day, more HSL guys are available, as demonstrated by the bonus amount and FTS numbers, but still not sure why.

How do you not get a qual in your record after you've taken an approved Navy course, complete with CIN? I'd be interested to hear what's happening there.